It's Fall Season

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
So .... I did. o_O I was walking down the driveway in the evening, leaves all over the place. Add some rain drops and your's truely went flying. Next day ... at emergency, doctor looked me all over and said just some bruises on my right side in the rib area and sent me home saying to take Tylenal if I have some pain. :confused: Fast forward a day, and the PAIN showed up down my R leg to my heal. Another emergency visit, and another doctor ordered x- rays of my R hip and leg. Negative ! :oops: Fast forward 2 days ... I woke up in the morning with SEVERE PAIN 😝 in my R rib area. Another emergency visit and this time the 3rd doctor ordered x-rays of the area. Wonder of wonders ........ I have TWO brocken ribs. 😱Sent me home with some pain pills and rest . By the way ....... A glass of wine or a hot tody work much better !!! :old

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
OH NO!!!!!! That is terrible for you! I am thankful that there was no shoulder, hip or leg broken. But ribs......they take so long to heal and its hard to move, turn over in bed and sometime even breathe.

Soft from afar hugs.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
ouch! i sure hope they heal up ok and you can get some rest. very difficult injury. i've had bruised ribs twice and it was absolutely no fun at all. :(

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Soft from afar hugs.
The only bone that I have ever broken - a single rib. And, this was back when hadn't even reached 20. That it didn't heal quite right is one of those "you messed up, steve" lasting reminders.

Think about some support, Bob. I've had trouble walking for years. There's no magic to keep us safe but canes, walkers and wheelchairs are better than nothing.

I have a little theory that if I really, really need the cane, I should have a walker. If I really need the walker, I should have a wheelchair. Right now, I'm at stage 1. However, the legs never allow me to be back at GO.

Every step, I have to think about. My daughter gave me a new Winter bathrobe. It has a hood, size extra large, reaches way down to near my ankles. I can step on the hem walking up stairs! Pull it out of the closet in the morning, better not be by the hood. Cannot hold it high enuf to not step on it!

Silly damn things. Just life that I'd never have thought of as a kid. Fall in the wrong place, the wrong way ... Stage 2.
Take care of yourself.
Yes. Take care!

Steve

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yikes glad it wasn’t worse though! Hope you heal up quickly without to much pain.:hugs I’ve very lightly bruised my ribs before I can’t imagine breaking one.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
The pain pills that the doctor ordered are tylenol with codiene. :\ .... it only somewhat takes the edge off the pain with every breath. I had to have 3 glasses of wine after the pain pill refused to work last night. :he I woke up at 3am due to severe R ankle pain that refuses to be put any pressure on without seeing every star in the galaxy. o_O Going potty is a production and a half in itself. :ep Right now, I need to send out an sos for a St. Bernard to show up with a barrol marked with "XXXX" hanging on it's neck. :caf

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow Bob, you really did a number. Are you sure that ankle isn't broken or something? Maybe torn muscle? Hope you can have less pain in a day or so.

Couple months ago I fell going down our front steps. There was moisture on them and when I fell my toes stayed on the step and the rest of my foot went back! The month before that I fell down the stairs going down to our laundry room. It was a little dark and I thought I didn't need to turn the light off. My mistake I didn't see the last step. Got a little bruised but again thank goodness I was fine.

The moral of my story is that like Steve I now watch every step I take on stairs!

Mary

Latest posts