It's official, I'm a real tractor chick!

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I used to partner with a friend; now dead (sigh) and we would find old abandoned tractors and get them running again. Some of them had brush growing through them so we had to use a chain saw to get them out. Some could not be salvaged except for parts but it's surprising how many that had sat out in the weather for years could be gotten back up and running.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom do you have any tractor stories to share with us? Any summer reports that you can fondly recall while you watch the snow falling? I am sure you have your tractor all put away for the winter, tucked in, winterized and safe until spring. Or is she the adventurous tractor type that likes to spin wheels in the ice and snow?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh yes, many visions of good times on the Cub last season. Thanks for asking Bay! :)

...There was the day I stripped the pony stalls and pen down to the nubs, and two of the neighbor girls helped me. They worked so hard, we filled my little trailer several times and hauled it to the manure pile. They rode on the wagon, on top of the pile, with a tarp under them, giggling and having a great time. There must be a secret ingredient in horse manure that kids find irresistible.

.....And the day we had the final potluck for the garden kids and their parents, and dh towed the wagon full of little gardeners around the property.

Oh and the welcome home party the neighbor had for her husband and we showed up on the tractor with our covered dish. I drove and dh stood behind the seat on the bar.

She has been put away for the winter, but my husband got her out and drove around in the snow around the house one day just for a "test" he says. :D

I got a new ball hitch for Christmas whose shaft will fit in one of the holes in the bar between the back wheels. I wish I knew the right term for it, but now I will be able to tow the pickup bed trailer which holds much, much more than the little trailer I've been using.

Can't wait for spring to get started on the tractor chore list. She's the best wheelbarrow I've ever had! :love

Latest posts