Jalapeno pepper burn - HELP!

gumpsgirl

Leafing Out
Reaction score
My hands are on fire (yes, I was stupid and didn't wear gloves) and I can't get the burning to quit. Any ideas on how to get the burning to quit?

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
gumpsgirl said:
My hands are on fire (yes, I was stupid and didn't wear gloves) and I can't get the burning to quit. Any ideas on how to get the burning to quit?
Hey,
try milk, its suppose to stop the burning. I 've tried it before the milk does stop the burn.

Hope this helps!! ;)

Gazinga

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
your hands are burning from picking hot peppers? Ive never heard of that, is that common? I currently have 25 hot pepper plants all PACKED with habeneros to jalapenos and i pick alot of them, never had my hands burn. Is there a situation i should look out for?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Gazinga said:
your hands are burning from picking hot peppers? Ive never heard of that, is that common? I currently have 25 hot pepper plants all PACKED with habeneros to jalapenos and i pick alot of them, never had my hands burn. Is there a situation i should look out for?
She was deseeding them... that's when it will burn (when the peppers are opened up and you are handling them a lot)!

I wear plastic gloves while handling them... but I have a fear of touching them and then maybe touching my eye!? OW!!!!

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Milk is good! Or sour cream or cucumbers or salt.

Try mixing up a bowl of milk or sour cream and soaking your hands.

chills

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
gumpsgirl i so feel your pain .. i found nothing but time to relieve the pain .. i had a manicure the day before i made some salsa (for the first time ever) OH BOY! i will never make that mistake again, i was all over the internet trying to find relief .. i found nothing .. so sorry for the pain!
were you able to find anything to help?

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
gumpsgirl,
how are your hands?, i hope the burn subsided with the milk, did you soak your hands in milk.
Next time i'm sure you'll wear gloves.

bigredfeather

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I was cutting up some japs for salsa a few years ago, and I needed to go pee. I washed my hands prior to peeing, but it wasn't enough. I'm a male, and you think your hands are burning! Wow! Never again. If necessary, I now use the hands free method now.

Latest posts