jalapenos

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Dave - Thanks for the recipe. I am Mexican and vary rarely make pico de gallo. The lazyness engulfs me and I would be plagued by tortuous memories of my granny telling me to cut the veggies smaller. I never thought about the food processor. I might give it a try.
The roasting step adds flavor to my salsa. We eat it with most food so it is always on hand.
I also make a chile de arbol. Not sure what it is in English but the package says arbol. I put each chile in the gas flame from the stove real quick and blow them if they catch fire. Then blend with garlic, onion, and tomatoes (canned/fresh). That one is very hot!!! I don't have recipes. I just do them.

Cruda also is a term used for when you have a hang over. :D

davaroo

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
obsessed said:
Dave - Thanks for the recipe. I am Mexican and vary rarely make pico de gallo. The lazyness engulfs me and I would be plagued by tortuous memories of my granny telling me to cut the veggies smaller. I never thought about the food processor. I might give it a try.
The roasting step adds flavor to my salsa. We eat it with most food so it is always on hand.
I also make a chile de arbol. Not sure what it is in English but the package says arbol. I put each chile in the gas flame from the stove real quick and blow them if they catch fire. Then blend with garlic, onion, and tomatoes (canned/fresh). That one is very hot!!! I don't have recipes. I just do them.

Cruda also is a term used for when you have a hang over. :D
So, listen to ME telling you about this stuff. I feel stupid....

Chile de arbol is, as far as I knew a type of chile. The word 'arbol' means tree or woody, and as far as I know it refers to the tuff stem left on the chili pod. I didnt know it referred to a sauce of the same name. I found several recipes on the internet, most of which are complicated.
Yours sounds simple and easy to prepare. And dont you just love roasting peppers over a flame? :)

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Most of the food I make is a quick and dirty version of my granny. I wish I had paid more attention but then she died. Mexican can be easy if you just figure a way around the work.

If any of your salsa comes out to watery (which mine does occasionally)
I just reduce it in a sauce pan. My fam like warm salsa more than cold.

+

Latest posts