Jamaican Callaloo Seeds?

1chichi

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Does anyone have any Callaloo seeds?
I would like about 20. I can swap for some of my vegetable seeds.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I had to look that one up. It sounds interesting but according to Wickepedia there are a half dozen or so different plants known by that name.

gardenbug

Sprout
Reaction score
Hello :),

We sell Jamaican callaloo seeds in packets of 100+ seeds on ebay, seller name mommy2be252. Our callaloo seeds produce large plentiful plants, full of large, delicious, deep green oval shaped leaves which can be harvested as needed to eat. Your plants will continue to produce throughout summer, or all year long in Florida or other warm climates. Full instructions are included with every order.

Regards!

Gardenbug

1chichi

Leafing Out
Reaction score
gardenbug said:
Hello :),

We sell Jamaican callaloo seeds in packets of 100+ seeds on ebay, seller name mommy2be252. Our callaloo seeds produce large plentiful plants, full of large, delicious, deep green oval shaped leaves which can be harvested as needed to eat. Your plants will continue to produce throughout summer, or all year long in Florida or other warm climates. Full instructions are included with every order.

Regards!

Gardenbug
Thanks for your response, but I found the seeds on EBAY a while back.
I planted some in the garden ( those are the smallest seeds I've ever seen), and the rain washed them away.
I started a few in peat pots and transplanted them when they were about an inch high.
They are holding on and hopefully this week they will grow a bit.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Expect the washed away seeds to sprout wherever they ended up. Very fine seeds are normally planted on top of the soil rather than buried. the rule of thumb is to plant twice the depth of the widest part of the seed.

gardenbug

Sprout
Reaction score
I'm glad you have some seedlings, even though some washed away. Once they are about 3-4 inches high, you can plant in the ground about 2 feet apart, in a sunny spot, and you should have large plants in no time.

Happy Gardening!

Latest posts