Jar Labels

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
ducks4you said:
IMHO, I wouldn't use them. I guess if they are gifts you might want to, but I spent too much valuable gardening (AND horse-training, AND house-cleaning, AND organizational) time :rant scrubbing the glue off of the jars, that I only label the lids with a sharpie, and call it a day, since they get thrown away.
May I suggest that (for gifting) you use nice paper labels tied on with ribbon or fancy string? You could dot the jars with some Elmer's glue to fix the paper on the jar bc it dissolves in water. Just a thought. :rolleyes:
Heh. I never seem to get the jars back when I give them as gifts, so *I* won't be the one scrubbing the glue off!

Definitely not meant for things going into my own pantry, (all I need is a date, I can *see* what it is already.)

But, having moved to the country and planted a bed of Jerusalem artichokes, we are now the Source of all Artichoke Relish for the extended family. It will be fun to send the jars out with fancy labels this year.

vfem's supplier also has some nice options at http://www.myownlabels.com/food-craft_labels/ .

-Wendy

Latest posts