Jar Labels

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
A local CSA posted a link to the "Jam Labelizer" which lets you enter text and produces a high quality JPEG for you to download and print:

http://www.jamlabelizer.com/

Click the left and right arrows, there are several designs to choose from.

What are some other sources for jar labels?

-Wendy

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you don't remember this about Christmas time, I'll try to remember to bump this up again, Wendy!

;)

There's an online plant stake program I can find but I never quite understood that one. It said you could laminate those plant labels but I didn't know that lamination would work on something of an odd/small size.

They would need protection - out there in the garden thru the seasons.

Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wendy, This is perfect! I even have some sheets of label paper I can print on and cut out. LOVE this site, I will save it for use when the jams are made. THANK YOU and :hugs Big Hugs...

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
IMHO, I wouldn't use them. I guess if they are gifts you might want to, but I spent too much valuable gardening (AND horse-training, AND house-cleaning, AND organizational) time :rant scrubbing the glue off of the jars, that I only label the lids with a sharpie, and call it a day, since they get thrown away.
May I suggest that (for gifting) you use nice paper labels tied on with ribbon or fancy string? You could dot the jars with some Elmer's glue to fix the paper on the jar bc it dissolves in water. Just a thought. :rolleyes:

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm with Carol, this is why I love this site! I sent my wife the linnk and she's thrilled we'll definately use the labels for gifts. For home we just use the Bell's labels that disolve in water. We've had great results with them. Not only that the Elmers glue idea is a great idea too and add the ribbon that we normally do? They'll REALLY look nice. Lot of very creative people on here with TONS of great ideas.

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Although I probably wouldn't use the labels on the my jars going into the fruit cell or pantry I would/will use them on jars that are being gifted.

If you are having trouble getting labels of jars you can either wipe them with,

Vegetable Oil,
Citra Solv ( Artist Cleaner & Degreaser )

or

Spray them a little vegetable spray

Either way let it soak for a few minutes and it will start to peal right off.

Chris

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
ducks4you said:
YOU have time for this, ROFL!!!!
Well, You can ROFL,

As I said, " I probably wouldn't use the labels on the my jars going into the fruit cell or pantry I would/will use them on jars that are being gifted " but if I did use them what's a little extra time? So I have to get up a extra 1/2 hour earlier, The jars have to get washed anyways.

Chris

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I order mine through vistaprint and myownlabels.com. Once I pay for the ink and the labels from the store with HOW many jams I make, I'd be broke and my printer would be on empty constantly. :/

They are nice if you only do a handful of jams as gifts each year, but I prefer the high quality ones I get for the price. I only spend $10 for 100 labels through vistaprint as is.

Latest posts