Jared77's Gardening Journal

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
This time of year I have a lot of upset and crying parents taking their child to collage for first time. Next year they will be telling me they can't wait for them to go back to school.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beautiful babies you have there, @Nyboy! You are surely making memories that will last a life time. My grands started picking (stealing) blueberries as soon as the could walk. They would drive their electric cars around the circular driveway and stop at the blueberries for 'gas'. Funny thing is, the car never got a filling.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
While we are talking about @Jared77 's babies ... ;)

My neighbor became a grandmother recently, times 2 (both of her sons were new fathers within a couple of months). New grandmother is the same age as my son!

I have no idea when or if I will ever be a grandfather. DS says, forget it. DD isn't ready, isn't sure.

Steve
Lonely olde man living near an elementary school playground ... good thing he is an impatient old grouch :old.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a friend who became a first time husband, father, and grandfather on the same day. If it will happen, it will happen. Until then, you could adopt a neighbor or two as grands. I have a whole class at school calling me Grandma.

My next door neighbors -- I called them Grandma and Grandpa Thrasher -- were as close as I had to grandparents when I was growing up. After Grandpa Thrasher's stroke, he helped me learn to catch a ball and I helped him get out, get exercise, and be useful.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jared, that deck will look absolutely beautiful when you finish it. Now I can see why it's taking you so long and so much work. I never thought of getting one of those packs when I had my kids. I don't know why. Maybe I just didn't see that many of them.

Mary

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
All of my days are FULL of never a dull moment... I have 6 grandkids ages 15- 1), and as of last Monday I have 7 (1 newborn ) neighbor grandkids. 4 of the neighbor boy grandkids ( ages 3-7 ) just come on into our house every day and help me with the gardening chores, test to see which is the best sitting rock at the raised beds, and/ or inspect the attic or crawlspace or help in construction / repairs, etc., or just play cars / trucks with me, get tickled or just sit on my lap and watch TV. :cool: