Jared's back

Jared712

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
So I have a dead email account so I just opted to start over. I know its been a bit and add the loss of our friend in NY I just didn't want to be here. Add on life getting in the way I've finally got to the point I'm about getting back here.

Anyway its good to be here. Glad to see some of the old faces are still here and new ones as well.

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
So I have a dead email account so I just opted to start over. I know its been a bit and add the loss of our friend in NY I just didn't want to be here. Add on life getting in the way I've finally got to the point I'm about getting back here.

Anyway its good to be here. Glad to see some of the old faces are still here and new ones as well.
Hello and welcome to the forums, As long as your back here in the threads we are most happy. Welcome back!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well about time. I didn’t want to have to traipse all the way up North to chastise you. While you were gone, I’ve been picked on by the “pea pickers” “bless their hearts” with very few to help.

Hope job/family are keeping you busy.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Jared :frow.

Have you trimmed the sails and tacking into the wind? (What might that even mean :confused:? And, here I'm supposed to be a descendant of 19th century Canadian ship builders.)

Stiff winds? Paramedic still your field? You need some rest and diversion. Blooming fruit trees ... lying on the lawn. Welcome back.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Jared :frow.

Have you trimmed the sails and tacking into the wind? (What might that even mean :confused:? And, here I'm supposed to be a descendant of 19th century Canadian ship builders.)

Stiff winds? Paramedic still your field? You need some rest and diversion. Blooming fruit trees ... lying on the lawn. Welcome back.

Steve

from my bit of sailing tacking is turning, you can turn into the wind at an angle for power from the sails or you can run with the wind behind. the wing of a plane works the same way. it is all about the difference in wind speed between the one side of the sail and the other. whoever figured that out was someone who observed things thousands of years ago. it's too bad we still don't sail those big cargo ships instead of burning all that bunker fuel. trimming the sails is just making sure they are tight and not flapping as that just wastes energy and wears the sails edges out more quickly than they otherwise would...

is that enough trivia on sailing? for me it was always wondering about port, starboard and the poop deck...

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am so glad to see you here! I get it. :rainbowflower I barely spent time here over the past year also. I wept many a tear and am not ashamed to admit it. Gosh, I tear up even now. I never knew I could love anyone I never personally met, so much.

Welcome back. you have been missed. You will have to catch us up on what's been going on in your life. With this Covid-19 thing going on, we all need to stick together. If you need garden seed, i'll bet we could pile it over your head LOL. Anyway, welcome back my friend.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey Jared, I'm sure glad you finally got to come back on line. I bet your kids are about ready for college now. Well, maybe it hasn't been that long, but still.
Do you have spring garden plans? How has the spring been progressing in your location? It is so very wet here, I slog through standing water in our back yard daily...have been for about a month. Oh well.
You be careful and take care of yourself, being on the front lines all the time. We still like pictures, by the way.

Latest posts