Jared's back

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
So I have a dead email account so I just opted to start over. I know its been a bit and add the loss of our friend in NY I just didn't want to be here. Add on life getting in the way I've finally got to the point I'm about getting back here.

Anyway its good to be here. Glad to see some of the old faces are still here and new ones as well.
well for those who are here before us!! Please!! teach us sensei!! :weee :weee :weee

Jared712

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Things so far are good. Been busy with this whole pandemic thing but otherwise things are good.

Last year focused on doing the front flower beds and went from a single row of orange day lilies that was contained by a walk way.....to keeping the walk way as a hard border and a cottage-ish bed in pastels. So packed like a cottage bed but the colors are all complimentary and work well together.

Its a mix of bee balm, shasta daisies, some hyacinth bulbs for early color, delphinium, hollyhocks, stargazer lilies, and I know I'm forgetting something one or 2 others in a somewhat repeating pattern. Not too conformist but enough that it flows well. Its really going to pop.

The big bed as we call it has also been developed and is still a work in process as we get pieces to add to it. Has 2 varieties of roses with plans for a 3rd (a climber that we haven't determined a variety yet) lots of perennials, honeysuckle, anchored by the weeping cherry, and tree peony. Lots of other peonies, and edged in a double row of creeping phlox. We have a master plan and its just a matter of adding pieces to it as we can find them and afford them.

This year its some raised beds for veggies keeping it simple. Some tomatoes, squash, climbing cukes, pole beans, bush beans to can and that's it. Nothing crazy and hopefully add to the perennial beds.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Things so far are good. Been busy with this whole pandemic thing but otherwise things are good.

Last year focused on doing the front flower beds and went from a single row of orange day lilies that was contained by a walk way.....to keeping the walk way as a hard border and a cottage-ish bed in pastels. So packed like a cottage bed but the colors are all complimentary and work well together.

Its a mix of bee balm, shasta daisies, some hyacinth bulbs for early color, delphinium, hollyhocks, stargazer lilies, and I know I'm forgetting something one or 2 others in a somewhat repeating pattern. Not too conformist but enough that it flows well. Its really going to pop.

The big bed as we call it has also been developed and is still a work in process as we get pieces to add to it. Has 2 varieties of roses with plans for a 3rd (a climber that we haven't determined a variety yet) lots of perennials, honeysuckle, anchored by the weeping cherry, and tree peony. Lots of other peonies, and edged in a double row of creeping phlox. We have a master plan and its just a matter of adding pieces to it as we can find them and afford them.

This year its some raised beds for veggies keeping it simple. Some tomatoes, squash, climbing cukes, pole beans, bush beans to can and that's it. Nothing crazy and hopefully add to the perennial beds.
You do realize that once things are up, pix are required?

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score

Nice Jared. But now we need pictures!!!

Latest posts