Journey11's 2011 Garden - large rudbeckia with red halo, post #38

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
OMG! Too cute! I would have gone nutz over then too... even with that nagging voice reminding my cabbage would be gone by them come fall. :/

But how can you disturb something so darling. :p

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Too cute! Another reminder why I would never consider gardening without fencing!! They will be hungry!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
They'll be out and hopping around in no time. One of my dogs died in December and she had a heck of a good nose on her. They wouldn't have made it this far if she were still around.

Gonna have to fence my strawberries! Mama rabbit has already been poking around in there. They're in bloom right now.

I've been looking for the mama rabbit to see if she's been back to the nest. I'm a little worried that she'll abandon them now that all the tall grass is gone. I don't know how she would get around to feeding them. She must do it at night. I really hope she doesn't leave them high and dry. I rehabbed a baby squirrel once. That's a lot of work. I can't imagine dropper feeding 5+ bunnies... :fl

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
As I understand it, wild bunnies of that age (they have all their hair) can and will eat on their own. Grasses, clover, etc...

I will say that they are CUTE as can BE ... what a find! and GREAT photos!!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
Mama rabbits only nurse the kits about twice a day, so you probably wouldn't see her on the nest.
That's good to know. Maybe I'll quit worrying about them now! :p You know they'd have to be sneaky, since everything wants to eat them.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I confess...I've been taking peek at the babies every day. Today their eyes are open!

IMGP2721_web.jpg

Here's a short video of the cuteness... :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AboiCte9ukY

:bun :bun :bun

Latest posts