Journey11's 2016 garden journal

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, this is my idea of a vacation! I feel so much peace just looking at the garden now. The kids have another VBS at the little church down the road next week. More peace and quiet for me, LOL.

Had to tell the annoying little neighbor girl that she is not allowed to come back down here anymore. She kept coming over and pestering me this week, crying that she was bored and wanting to play with my kids toys while they were not home (she has a swing set of her own, and a brother and a cousin and a puppy to play with.) I said, I am not your babysitter! Seven years old is old enough to know better. No manners. o_O

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
your garden looks wonderful, love the way you are doing your tomatoes .......

I usually do the wooden tomato stakes. Even thought about trying the Florida weave this year. But then I bought this cool t-post puller on Amazon and with it I can pull up 3 t-posts in under 2 minutes and those I have plenty of, so I went for it! I borrowed my dad's post pounder, so with my DH's help they went in pretty quickly too.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, I'm sorry, I've had some trouble copying links while on my phone. The one I got was called Maasdam Pow'R Pull'R it's $32. They have another a little higher rated that costs almost double, but I've been really satisfied with mine.

You can pull other post sizes if you add a short chain. I have some wooden fence posts I will be trying it on when I demolish an old chicken run. With the t-posts it takes very little effort and easy even for a lady to use.

Latest posts