Journey11's Garden 2017

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
We've considered it, and it really pains me to sell it, but it would take too much to buy out my brother and sister's 2/3rd. We could pull it off, but it would leave us with no money left over to do anything with the farm. It has declined a lot over the years as my dad wasn't able to keep up with it as his Parkinson's progressed, then the cancer.

The road up the hill is washed out, everything needs brush hogged, the fields are poor and need lime and fertilizer, new fences all around and the old farm house needs torn down. The well is bad also, has sulfur in it, so a new one would need drilled if we wanted to live there. Just more than I want to mess with. It's pretty much only good for hunting right now.

Two neighbors out there have inquired about buying it and I haven't even listed it yet. One fella just bought the farm across the road and came in and worked it over within a matter weeks and is already running cattle.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maybe you could apply your share of selling your fathers farm to paying off your house. Then buy a bigger place, sell your house and pay off most of the new place. Lots of juggling, but it would be worth it.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking too. My inheritance will be enough to nearly pay off the balance on my mortgage. I think my dad would be pleased with that. Just hope to find the perfect place someday. Gotta move pretty far out.

Maybe you could apply your share of selling your fathers farm to paying off your house. Then buy a bigger place, sell your house and pay off most of the new place. Lots of juggling, but it would be worth it.[/QUOTE ]

Latest posts