Joy in the Little Things

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
May I ask roughly how much space you need for growing them and are they climbing like peas? I am thinking of utilizing the space outside the chicken runs - the soil should be pretty fertile.
As already mentioned, DTM is the Days from planting, To Maturity. In my climate, "Takara Early" has a DTM of 90 days, "Buff" has a DTM pf 100 days. Both are bush habit, the same size & spacing as regular bush beans. As with other beans, you should not plant them in excessively rich soil... with too much nitrogen, there will be a lot of foliage, but delayed flowering (possibly too late to mature).

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
DTM date to maturity.
Do adzuki beans taste like regular beans if you don’t sweeten them up? I’m really intrigued here. I may have to find recipes and grow some.

@Zeedman Russ is licensed to ship seed overseas. You might have to send bean seeds to him and he send them to @Phaedra.
To be honest, I've never tried them cooked plain. I'm fairly certain that they would be similar to mung beans, since the two can be used interchangeably in some recipes.

And thanks for the tip about export, I'll contact Russ to see if I can perhaps piggyback on a future shipment.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh, to be able to travel to Paris to buy seeds once a year. You are a lucky woman Phaedra.
Haha, no, no, no, I just ordered adzuki beans (as food) online. With the advice from @flowerbug and @Zeedman, I will try growing those adzuki beans this year.

I also want to have a gardening shopping trip to the UK. After Brexit, getting any goodies from the UK became a luxury (or nightmare sometimes).

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
A busy Monday, but I prepared simple but colorful lunch boxes for DH (for tomorrow).
323883148_541509891343516_6926902434153195422_n.jpg

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I forgot for a moment which forum I was in and skimmed a previous post that mentioned days to maturity and though "That's a really nice phrase, I like that ... I wonder how you figure out your days to maturity? Must be sort of a 'I'm not getting older, I'm getting better' kind of thing."

I REALLY should stop skimming through posts... :rolleyes:

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I got a whole box of "supplies" from one of my best friends in Taiwan. He is more like my elder brother, although we just knew each other from the university. Well, it's also more than 20 years.
1775.jpg

People come and go - that's more than normal. It's a blessing to have a few that really love and care about you.
1774.jpg

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I got a whole box of "supplies" from one of my best friends in Taiwan. He is more like my elder brother, although we just knew each other from the university. Well, it's also more than 20 years.
View attachment 54476

People come and go - that's more than normal. It's a blessing to have a few that really love and care about you.
View attachment 54477
Yes, it is good remaining in touch with a few people. They become like your family ❤

Latest posts