July 4th Celebrations, 2019

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Our neighbors (2 blocks over) put on a safe fireworks every year...20 ft from their house!!! Here are a few photos from the fireworks. Feel free to add your own pictures from our nation's 243rd birthday!!! Here is how it started:
FIreworks start, 07-04-19.jpg
Charlie's fireworks,2019,#1.jpg
Charlie's fireworks,2019,#2.jpg

Last edited:

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
yesterday was the first time in years that I've lived where the fireworks could be heard. They were so loud and close that my aged Dog peed all over the bed, two places. And that was after I put his thunder shirt on and gave him some CBD treats. I moved to another bed and left him alone shaking like a leaf under the first bed.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our neighbors came over in the morning and helped us chip a big pile of branches. We talked about what we were all doing for the 4th (nothing much) so we planned a berry cobbler around the fire party.

There were tremendous amounts of fireworks going off nearby for about 3 hours and someone said maybe we should go down the road a mile and watch a display that a guy sets off every year, which is a pretty nice show. But the fire was too mesmerizing I guess because we all just sat there in a cobbler stupor and didn't budge.
That's about as exciting as our lives get anymore.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our little town started firework celebrating at noon on Wed. and progressively building to a point that the whole town was reverberating. Yesterday at 6:00 pm , we sat on patio chairs just outside our front door and ate our dinner and watched TONS of all manner of fireworks explode ALL AROUND US until 2:00 am this morning. Here it is at 11:30 am and there are loud firework bangs and celebratory gunfire being fired from all directions around us . :) :celebrate :weee :ya :clap

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our neighbors came over in the morning and helped us chip a big pile of branches. We talked about what we were all doing for the 4th (nothing much) so we planned a berry cobbler around the fire party.

There were tremendous amounts of fireworks going off nearby for about 3 hours and someone said maybe we should go down the road a mile and watch a display that a guy sets off every year, which is a pretty nice show. But the fire was too mesmerizing I guess because we all just sat there in a cobbler stupor and didn't budge.
That sound like an AMAZING way to spend the 4th. I could really do without fireworks. Yes, the sparkly ones are interesting but the BANGS I do not enjoy at all. (Never have)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
yesterday was the first time in years that I've lived where the fireworks could be heard. They were so loud and close that my aged Dog peed all over the bed, two places. And that was after I put his thunder shirt on and gave him some CBD treats. I moved to another bed and left him alone shaking like a leaf under the first bed.

aww... poor guy!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

i'm really quite allright with that line too... sounds very nice to me. especially the cobbler. :)

Latest posts