June in my garden

herbsherbsflowers

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have posted pictures of my garden this morning on my blog. Take a look and see what you think. I'm kind of impressed myself.

TheNewBee

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
oh I just love your figs! :love I bought a small fig tree and the chickens found it, so it has finally came back & maybe a little stronger too. I cant wait until it produces figs for us. Do you do anything special to yours?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I miss the fig tree we had when I was a kid on the farm in southern Oregon :/. That's about as far north as you can have figs in this neck of the woods, I suppose. The banties liked it under that little tree. I think they spent a lot of time there just waiting for a ripe fig to drop . . .

There is a Sungold tomato plant in my garden - just one. Actually, there is another one here in the yard that is recovering from frost. It looks like it will make it. The one in the garden had the top burned off by frost! Poor thing.

The Sungold is part of my experiment to find out which is "better" - Sungold or SunSugar. Last year was the 1st time I've had Sungold altho' I've tasted those belonging to a friend before. There should be more than that 1 out there - it isn't fair since there must be 4 healthy SunSugars to compete against!

Steve

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
WOW....super nice. And note a sign of disease. It's great when all your planning and hard work (and worry) starts paying off, huh.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Everything looks super! Good for you! That is one of the many things I love about gardening....if you are busy, or tired- the garden keeps going without you! Congrats on a beautiful job!

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Great looking garden. Seing the gardens of others often gives me ideas to use in my own.

herbsherbsflowers

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your kind words. I'm really happy with the way it is going so far this year. I am hoping to can lots of tomatoes this summer. I have three different kinds of fig trees. They are all still pretty small. There is an unknown variety that I got as a rooted cutting from a friend that came from her great grandmother's tree and an LSU purple that I ordered from an orchard online. I graduated from LSU so I couldn't pass that one up.

Latest posts