keep fingers crossed

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I just put in my new blueberry plants that I bought from a blueberry farmer...the farmer got them from her supplier... hopefully these will take...I have tried them before but they died on me...bought them at home depot...wont do that again...

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have 2 from Home Depot and they are doing great. One is Misty and I've already eaten a few berries and they were delicious. They are new plants that I bought a couple of months ago. Sorry to hear yours didn't do well.

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well here's to great success with your new blueberries Pam. :)

I will be taking mine out this year. They have been in a slow steady decline for 5 years. I did have about 3 years of good harvests, but they've been moved twice, and my soil is not acidic enough for them. It's painful to see them struggling and makes me feel like such a bad gardener.

You should be able to keep them happy in your part of the world.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Blueberries can be difficult. They need a really acidic soil, down around the 5.0 range. They also have a shallow root system. This means they can drown easily if the soil is too wet, so they need a well drained soil. But with those shallow roots, they can also dry out and die if they don't get enough water. I carry a lot of water to my blueberries here and mulch the heck out of them.

Good luck with them. Mine should start to get ripe in the next few days. I'm really looking forward to that.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Give thmem a bit of mulch so they don't dry out. Keep them watered. I think they should do well in NH. I buy them online from places like Miller nurseries. We love he big berries-easier to pick.
momofdrew said:
I just put in my new blueberry plants that I bought from a blueberry farmer...the farmer got them from her supplier... hopefully these will take...I have tried them before but they died on me...bought them at home depot...wont do that again...

Latest posts