keep those manuals

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Speaking of saving owners manuals...I save all of them. I have a large loose leaf 3 ring binder, and have it filled with the plastic sleeves. Any/all manuals go into it, with the receipt stapled to the manual if possible.
We recently inherited a Craftsman lawn tractor from a friend who passed away. The good man had kept all of the manuals for it, and it has helped tremendously for getting it back in running condition.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Speaking of saving owners manuals...I save all of them. I have a large loose leaf 3 ring binder, and have it filled with the plastic sleeves. Any/all manuals go into it, with the receipt stapled to the manual if possible.
We recently inherited a Craftsman lawn tractor from a friend who passed away. The good man had kept all of the manuals for it, and it has helped tremendously for getting it back in running condition.

That is an excellent system and one that I may have to steal...um....ahem..I mean, borrow! :D

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Steal!!! Steal away!!! All I have to do is go get the notebook and flip through the pages. Since they are merely plastic sleeves, they will hold most all sizes of manuals. The tiny ones, I just put a few into one.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Another word of advice....as you take something apart and you don't have a manual or schematics on it, you might want to take a pic of each layer/stage of the dismantling in case you forget how it all goes back together.

Wish I had done that with my recent attempts at cleaning the carburetor on the wood splitter and replacing all the gaskets. Got it back together okay but was a uncertain on a few of the gaskets and their order of placement....still didn't have a clue when I started putting it all back on today. I believe that God assisted me with that whole thing because I had no clue whatsoever but they are all back on and the splitter is purring like a kitten and no gas leaking around the gaskets. :celebrate

Thanking God for all of that right now, as we really needed this splitter to complete our wood storing this winter. We've got several big trees down which needed splitting before we could use them for firewood.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nah...I'm a woman of low funds and no menfolk who are willing to work on machinery. :gig That's when you blunder your way through repairs because what have you got to lose? And that's how one learns....or how one just flies on faith and lets God do all the hard stuff. :D

Latest posts