Keeping those organic fruits bug free

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I hope you find a use for it soon... I will be bummed if my trees don't produce this year. I was SURE they would. Last year I had all my peaches drop? They got the size of a silver dollar and then all fell off.

I need to go research that.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ok... so here we go. I ran out of time sewing and only had so many bags done, so I got back to sewing last night. I need maybe another 20 or so now.

But here is an idea of how it works.

The fruit (pineapple pears):
14084_img_6675.jpg

The fruit covered with the bags:
14084_img_6676.jpg

(Sorry I was losing light last night and was rushing to get it done. I already lost about 8 pears to bugs eating them. Hopefully, this will end that for a reasonable harvest of fruit for us.)

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Looks good vfem! ;)

I think your pears will be fine once the bags are all on. It will make it harder for them and other critters like squirrels etc. from eating them.
At least you have little pears forming that's a great start. I myself am having problems with my apricot tree from producing any fruit.

Good Luck!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Still plugging away on those bags. It appears I will have to replace the string on the bags next year... but the bags should still be good to go for a couple of years before I have to replace though. If these work well, so very worth it!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
a local gardener in the downtown area here will usually put a huge piece of colored fabric (organza?) over his trees! one tree is usually pink while the other is usually purple! i always admired his gardens each year as i drove by them on my way around downtown! i think he was doing it more to keep the birds from getting to the buds and fruits.

Latest posts