Kefir anyone?

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's beyond easy to do. Just dump them in a jar of cold milk and stir, cover with a coffee filter, set out on the counter and wait about 24 hours, checking from time to time. A little too easy really. I am already getting overrun with kefir. My house is awfully warm though, so that speeds things up.
I thought it was an alternative to milk yogurt?

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I thought it was an alternative to milk yogurt?

You can make it with different kinds of milk...coconut milk, etc. if you want it non-dairy. Or any type of regular milk as long as it isn't ultra-pasturized. Some people will use raw milk. For people who are lactose intolerant, it can be good for them to drink kefir because most of the lactose (milk sugars) are consumed by the beneficial bacteria in the fermentation process and it also aids in digestion.

frontiergirl53

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
You can make it with different kinds of milk...coconut milk, etc. if you want it non-dairy. Or any type of regular milk as long as it isn't ultra-pasturized. Some people will use raw milk. For people who are lactose intolerant, it can be good for them to drink kefir because most of the lactose (milk sugars) are consumed by the beneficial bacteria in the fermentation process and it also aids in digestion.
That's why I use kefir, cause I'm lactose intolerant ;)

Latest posts