Kitchen garden tour. TOUR DAY!! 9-3. Bring it!! I am ready.

damummis

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I stopped my little island library the other day to drop off the usual goods for the usual group. Applesauce was the offering due to the fact I harvested from random trees on other's property. As I walked in it hit me that there was such a big group around the little round table that it must me a library meeting of sorts. "Well there she is now", I hear. "Hi, everyone." I wave to a few in the back. "Amie, we were thinking of fund raiser ideas and someone here mentioned you." "Oh, really? What did you have in mind?" Thinking that they wanted use of some skill whether it was baking or sewing or something along those lines. "Well, we have the Kitchen garden tour." "Yup, I know that. What else did you have in mind?" "You on the tour." "Me?" "Yes, you and those gardens we are all craning to see when we go by." "OH, oh, You mean MY gardens!" You could have knocked me over with a feather. I told them I would have to think about it. I am a little nervous. Gardening is a passion. I don't want to be a chore.

What do you all think?
1044_yard7-10_012.jpg

1044_yard7-10_011.jpg

1044_yard7-10_010.jpg

1044_yard7-10_002.jpg

1044_yard7-10_007.jpg

1044_yard7-10_003.jpg

These were this summer.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would certainly enjoy a tour! It is so cool when someone wants to see your garden. I remember the first time a stranger stopped to see mine. All I could think was "gee, I would have cut the grass if I knew you were coming!"
Show off- everything looks gorgeous!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
THAT is a charming garden!

. . . and a good narrative.

(let the cat in the window know that she looks pretty good too ;))

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have an annual garden tour in our small city. I try to go every other year. I love looking at other people's gardens.

Go for it. I would love to see yours. :D

I'm thinking of putting my chicken coop on the annual coop tour. But like Lesa says, I know it will be alot of work. Because I'm one of those that will have to remove every weed from my garden because I know people will see it! :lol:

Mary

damummis

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Oh I forgot to tell that the chickens are a big hit too. Someone mentioned wanting to see the chickens on the tour.

Gardens and Chickens tour is more my speed. :lol: I am the one on the car rides that spots all the chickens. DD#1 says I have ADDOC. Attention Deficit Disorder Ooo Chickens.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh that is so wonderful! I wouldn't let anyone 'tour' mine... I'm so embarassed. Yours is FABULOUS!!!! :D

Bring them on over... I'm sure the chickens will be a great kicker!!! :)

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gorgeous garden you have there, Dammumis. I love the little shady grove of trees too. Your yard does look like something from a magazine! ;)

damummis

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
So I said yes.

Every year the library has a "theme" tour. This year it is Kitchen Gardens. They want recipes to put in a book, educational fliers on how I do things and most of all they want people to learn something new at each garden site. There is a whole committee to help with every aspect of making the tour a success. So I have to figure out what I want people to learn from me and what recipes I want to share.

HELP!!! :barnie

See it is you all that have inspired me every year, and Mother Earth News. I might need you all to hold my hand when I get flustered. :fl

Latest posts