Kitchen nightmare on Halloween

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@catjac1975 so glad you made it through hurricane Bob! It's heartbreaking to lose trees, as you know.

Well today the local carpenter came to assess the damage I did to the door frame. He's going to kindly put in a new, larger one hopefully next week, so I get to go door shopping Saturday. Right now it has an operable half glass on top. I like the all glass one I put in for the back door years ago, but the dogs do scratch it and it's fixed. Guess I must be part plant, as I'm always looking at ways of letting in more light.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
@catjac1975 so glad you made it through hurricane Bob! It's heartbreaking to lose trees, as you know.

Well today the local carpenter came to assess the damage I did to the door frame. He's going to kindly put in a new, larger one hopefully next week, so I get to go door shopping Saturday. Right now it has an operable half glass on top. I like the all glass one I put in for the back door years ago, but the dogs do scratch it and it's fixed. Guess I must be part plant, as I'm always looking at ways of letting in more light.

@flowerweaver, could you put a decorative metal grill on the lower portion of the door so the dogs can't scratch the glass, but you still get lots of light?

images

images

They also make some fairly decent looking ones out of aluminum for screen doors.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last edited:

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Those are great! Too bad I didn't know about the protective film before my interior door scratches! LOL.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule yes, the tree loss was devastating, I know you understand having gone through similar. The odd thing is I have an outdoor shower made from recycled barn wood the same distance away as the big tree and it was still standing. I could push it over with one hand. I now have a lifetime supply of mulch, but also I managed to save the 36" dia. trunk of the champion pine and will have it slabbed and hopefully will get some flooring or furniture out of it to remember the tree by.

@digitS' I understand. I fractured the thumb on my right hand. I thought it was just sprained and didn't go to the doctor for a month. It was only when I was unloading 50# bags of feed from the back of the truck that I knew something wasn't right. Apparently it had started to heal and then I injured it again. It took a long time for the soft tissue to heal in the joint.

View attachment 4966

This picture should be captioned "I will survive!"

Latest posts