Kraut & Carrots

pharmerphil

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Well it was to wet to do any outdoorsy type of thing yesterday...so..
Here's what we did .
We processed 14 quarts of carrots, and jarred up (Un- Processed) 2 half gallons + 4 quarts and a pint of Kraut...
Today we may do the brined pickles
krt1.jpg

bkrt1.jpg

pharmerphil

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
lesa said:
What a beautiful sight! Did you pickle the carrots?
Not this batch Lesa, we did do several half pints of pickled carrots, I can't remember how many quarts of pickled produce we did in all...quite a bunch though :)
thank You for your compliments

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
So the kraut will reach a point then that you can tighten down a lid on it to store (not processed) and it won't bubble or pressure up the jar? Just wondering...

I put mine in the closet and forgot about it! Better go see what kind of funki fungi I got going on in there now!

pharmerphil

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
journey11 said:
So the kraut will reach a point then that you can tighten down a lid on it to store (not processed) and it won't bubble or pressure up the jar? Just wondering...

I put mine in the closet and forgot about it! Better go see what kind of funki fungi I got going on in there now!
Journey, we have never done the fermentation in the jar, but it should, in the food grade bucket, depending on ambient temps...4-6 weeks and fermentation ceases...you may jar your kraut:)

Latest posts