Label, Label, Label

greengenes

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yes, art supply store have the soft graphite pencils. I just use some comet on them in the fall and get them cleaned up for next year. I find that by the time I can identify the plant I better pull them up and put them away or they get buried in mulch or stepped on and broken.
I was thinking yesterday, as I was saving labels off of the hibiscus, that I must be phenomenally cheap. Or is it just thrifty... maybe environmentally frugal?
I need to put a less obsessive spin on it.
I guess I'd just rather buy more seeds with my money. I have priorities, yeah, that's it.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The only thing i have found that works all year in the sun with out fading is a rough sided plastic marker and a #4 B pencil.

Thanks for the tip!

I have used the graphite pencils on the zinc markers and it holds up for several years, (labeling some of my hostas and daylilies). Those zinc tags loosen up from the wire though and are no match for a helpful DH with a leafblower :rolleyes: "Thank you dear, what a nice surprise" :eek:

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yes...DH's are so helpful with the leafblowers. And the super sized weed whackers. :th He told me...to mark all of my plants and flowers that I didn't want munched over. I went out and bought a bundle of those little orange plastic marker flags on wire sticks. Then, i marked the plant and the date on them. They are growing quite well in the gardens. :gig

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
f85a1d2582750f96704113beb134e644.jpg

Latest posts