Ladybugs

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I was out having coffee in my garden when I saw two ladybugs mating. I got an Idea! How about raising ladybugs?
Now here is a pet I can afford! I got some pictures of one in it's larval stage. I have yet to look them over. I will post some pictures soon.
Here is a great link about them.
http://www.geocities.com/sseagraves/ladybugfacts.htm

I am going to make a 30 gallon terrarium with plants and Aphids.
That would be cool to be able to sell Ladybugs. Home depot sells them for like $5.00 for a small bag.

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey there,

I did once see a Documentary on a couple who moved into the Forest of Brazil and started a 'Butterfly Farm', they have these little wire cages filled with caterpillars of every type; and the food source was all right there. They shipped across the World!

I remember once hearing about an event where 10,000 Monarch Butterflies were released to commemorate something or other. I later looked into it and people purchase groups of butterflies for Weddings and all kinds of stuff.

With the Ladybug, that would seem to be a very odd commodity, you would need a ton of insect babies to feed all the Ladybug babies. With something like a butterfly, the larva eat plants...a bit easier to accommodate!

Anyway, I should go look for info on that Documentary, it was fascinating and so 'how cool is that' sort of thing!

I am not sure if this was a Up response or a Down response to becoming a LadyBug Wrangler! Yah!!! RAWHIDE! ....yeehaw ..ok, now I let it out! LOL :woot

Ron

Latest posts