Landing Pad, GrdnWb

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
TEG admin can take this thread off, modify it, yell at me ...

I've just been over in that forum and there is so much angst ... NBC sold it and the new owners didn't give any lead time on the changes. Zip, zap, zam ...

TEG is a modern, high tech forum. We have seen some changes but we even had a field trip to a "practice" forum before the changeover.

The dust in GW the last day or two is mostly in the veggie forum so I thought to post this here. You've got some learning to do but whether this thread stays here or not: there is a garden welcome mat out for you.

Steve

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
When BYC changed over to the new format, some members left. When this forum changed some members had trouble regaining access. I remember some threads about their efforts to get back on here. We lost a few, whether from format change or just attrition I don't know. Probably both. I haven't been able to post a new photo on BYC for quite a while, though I haven't tried for over a year. The method that worked miraculously stopped working probably due to some automatic upgrade in something unrelated to BYC but necessary for viewing. As far as this stuff goes I'm an old dinosaur and hate for something that is working to change, but change is part of the world we live in.

I certainly join you in welcoming any new people, whether from that forum or anywhere else. Right now I show 7 members and 23 guests online. And a luck 13 robots. We need more robots. Right Nifty!!!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The only notice I had, over yonder, was an email a few days before, "respond for a chance to win an iPad!"

So, I responded.

I couldn't register with my olde username, over yonder and after the changeover, because someone else had that name. I guess that person might have 2 chances to win the iPad.

That doesn't bother me but the awkwardness of use because of the differences between the two forums is remarkable! Dangling a chance to win something as an introduction & lure to stay around, was dumb. Well, maybe if it was for a new rototiller ...

Steve

VA_LongBean

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm nightbloomincereus over at garden web. I've been a member since 2005, but mostly as a lurker, learning and occasionally trading. For now I'll retain my membership in both locations since I really do enjoy reading and reading the posts over there for nuggets of wisdom . . . those that haven't been truncated. ;)

Dave2000

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I think they emailed me that I needed to validate my account there not to lose it or something but for the life of me I couldn't remember my login and lost interest in bothering with it any further... hardly ever went there so no great loss if I have to make a new account.