Late summer flowers on the Salish Sea

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
my gardens our town are all just full of flowers right now!

this little picture is a very small representation of what is going on here! I just wandered around and grabbed a selection to show off

I will take more pictures... but expect the other Puget Sounders to post what they have going on too I hope I hope...it is so lush and green here right now ..and just wet enough to smell really good out there ...

I think I cornered the market on sunflowers?

I have lots more kinds to show off ...but that Teddybear sunflower :love I was so surprised to find it! I planted a whole package and only got the one (next year I am going to start them in pots for sure! )..but how pretty huh? looks to me like a giant dandelion

I just told my friend this

every year I double my sunflowers and dahlias and every year I am glad I did

the chickadee dance is beginning they are lining up on the fence now scoping the food out :) so pretty the flowers match our sunsets with the yellows and golds right now ..

and mushrooms are popping up all over BBH Drakemaiden do not let me cheeze on youtime goes by so fast!

6185_img_4577.jpg

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What ??? One picture? :th

OK, this is one fine picture...actually should be framed! I like the composition very much!

Such a teaser! ... I was ready for a stroll through Puget Sound! I even have my fuzzy slippers on!

LOL :bow

praying for more!

Ron

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I know I was hoping my friends would help pad this thread :) I promise more this week! but for today forgive me I am still infirmed :(
but walking around the yard looking at everything and picking myself some flowers was very nice actually :) it is pretty out there today!

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OK, ...this one was worth it!

Did you save seeds from all of those? I have had luck with Teddy Bears (the brighter orange plush one), but that fun Yellow one is cool!

The Dahlias are those balls? Nice! Do they seed well for you?

I have several dahlias, but nothing like a hybrid ..just the mixed bunch crazy dahlias. All of mine were by seed.

Do you have pictures from the past you can share? Not just 'right now' stuff, but stuff from years past?

I sound like a picture addict! LOL :fl :ya

Ron

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
HiDelight said:
I know I was hoping my friends would help pad this thread :) I promise more this week! but for today forgive me I am still infirmed :(
but walking around the yard looking at everything and picking myself some flowers was very nice actually :) it is pretty out there today!
Well good to see you up and cutting flowers. I love all of them. I am a big fan of the Sunflower!
I planted sunflower but not to long ago, it is still growing strong so I hope to have some flowers soon.

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
ok you made me be healthy

I ran out took a bunch of pictures ..and just crammed them in the blog

hope you like them ..I just realized I did not get two really pretty areas so I will add those later

if you have garden ocd I am advising you in advance this blog my trigger you!

http://hidelight.wordpress.com/

now I am going to rest :)

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Awesome.... they are beautiful.. What is the pale yellow one at the bottom?

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OMG,

That was incredible! How wonderful! It is amazing how you have all my favorite flowers!

Thank you... I am ear to ear smiles! :throw

Ron

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ooooh, how wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

I love the variety in sunflowers! One of my favorite cutting flowers.

I will have to try dahlias someday...

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
thank you!

Ron I have never grown dahlias from seeds I honestly never knew you could ? I always grow them from tubers

I feel silly but I do not think i have ever seen a dahlia seed pod?

Latest posts