latest on Obamacare

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just learned the latest news on the Obamacare ... some Insurance companies are dropping from their providers list those Doctors that specialize in treating some of the most expensive to the Insurance companies patients as of Jan 1st. These patients will be hit hard financially in addition to their health issues and cost of drugs as well as finding new doctors that are on the providers list. ( for how long ??? ) The rest of us are now stuck with the new affordable ( ??? ) higher health insurance premiums.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I heard there is one state -- it might or might not be Maine? -- that has only ONE insurance company to choose from in the state's whole website. That is not what I call going into the free market place and comparing companies, prices, and plans!

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Don't get me started on Obamacare. I'm particularly peeved about the marriage clause. I won't divulge what I make, but let's say it's definitely lower middle class. My company provides me with free health insurance, however to add Dew to my plan is almost $900 a month. Since my employer provides affordable insurance for me, they are not required to provide affordable insurance for my spouse. Also, since my employer provides me with affordable health insurance, DEW is not eligible for any type of subsidy to help pay for her insurance, as the poor people are. Since we cannot afford health insurance for her, the Obama administration is going to fine us 1% of our income to fund the insurance costs of those who provide nothing to the economy. In other words, they are going to take more of what they already know I don't have enough of...money!!!

Dew is a cancer survivor. She needs health insurance that is affordable, but the Liberals in the Obama administration are only worried about their poor constituents. To hell with the working class.

/soapbox...sorry Nifty.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is terrible. MontyJ, hate this but this is not Democrat vs. Republican. It's haves & have nots against working class. This has nothing to do with politics. It's class warfare at its finest. The rich (regardless of political affiliation) want the slaves (working middle class) to pay for the non-working, rich (who have deductions so they pay little to no taxes), and politicians (all government workers). The only reason they want to pay for non-working is to keep them from rioting. BOTH parties voted this into law. The rich want us to continue to argue over this perceived difference between parties.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I dont usually get into the political discussions, but i will mention that i have benefited since Obamacare. I have a preexisting condition that means i have to have insurance, but of course before obamacare that insurance was so expensive. I now have a policy for $50 less a month that has a deductible that is HALF of my previous deductible.

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's been crazy to see how varied the benefits are for people. It's just a matter of it you fit neatly into a box that they created for benefits. Clearly, there was a problem in the health care system that needed fixing, but it wasn't that INSURANCE was too expensive. The problem is way bigger than that, and it's too much for our government to deal with.

Latest posts