Latest scam

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
An IRS friend of my wife had a scam call yesterday. The person calling claimed to be with the Social Security Administration and stated that she was overpaid on several payments and asked for a restitution. She responded that she did not receive SSA payments, at which point the person asked for her SS # as well as other personal information to clarify / verify her account. She refused and hung up. For your information all US Government Agencies by law are NOT ALLOWED to make any telephone calls and ask for a payment much less ask for personal information. :old

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I finally got one of those poorly made "Federal Gov't you'll be arrested for a felony offense...."call, the other day. How idiotic.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i got a good laugh the other day, some guy who could not even pronounce a common name... when he called i said hello as usual and then i listen to see if it is someone we know. into the dead silence this voice struggling and after a half dozen times he finally hung up. i had a hard time not laughing and busted a gut when he hung up. we normally have the ringer off unless expecting a call from someone we know. that cuts down on a lot of BS.

there were three persistent scammers trying to get through this winter but it seemed they had either the wrong number or the wrong information so why would i bother answering to correct them? let them waste their time instead.