Learned Something New About My Stove

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Mom used to store a plastic basket with any leftover muffins or rolls in the oven.
My sister was over the other day for an essential oil class and I was making something that needed to warm in the oven. We were chatting and I reached over - turned on the oven - cracked the door to peek in and kept on talking. She BUSTED OUT LAUGHING!!!
It took me a moment to 'get it' and then I lost it too.
We haven't lived under Mom's roof for 30years or so - but that habit of checking to see if anything is in the oven before heating it up still sticks. She said that she does it too - every single time.

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
baymule, I have never stored anything in my oven, ever again, after that day, some 48 years ago. It is funny when you look back at it though....:lol:

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Never had a dishwasher :th:th:th:th

I've never had one either. Bought a house once that had one but had it ripped out...those things don't clean dishes well enough for my liking and are a HUGE waste of time, water and electric, if you ask me. Rinse the dishes before loading? Might as well add soap and wash them while you have them in the sink! :rolleyes:

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
We store the egg poaching pan and the large skillet in the stove. Nothing in the broiler, though Mom used to store her cookie sheets and pizza pans there back in the day.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've never had one either. Bought a house once that had one but had it ripped out...those things don't clean dishes well enough for my liking and are a HUGE waste of time, water and electric, if you ask me. Rinse the dishes before loading? Might as well add soap and wash them while you have them in the sink! :rolleyes:
Exactly!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
O.K. so I do not store anything in the oven proper, just in the drawer underneath. But have on occasion used it to help dry things. I once had a crocheted Angel my MIL made me. I starched it and it refused to dry and get stiff enough to stand. So I heated the oven a bit, turned it off and put the Angel in it to really dry. WELL (you all know what happened next!) the door got shut, I forgot and the next day pre-heated the oven for cookies, It was not until I smelled it burning that I remembered putting it in there. :( I even had to confess to MIL and she nicely made me a new one. :oops:

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
growing up on the farm in the 60's we had gas in a tank into the home for hot water
and the stove and the washer and dryer first apartment had electric but neighbor
heard me cussing it to light through the wall came over so I wouldn't bring the building down
still go for gas or propane over anything else

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
="Beekissed,Same here....HATE cooking with electric stoves. o_O Uneven heating, unable to regulate it well, etc. Bah! :barnie

Always waiting 20 minutes for a burner to heat up fully or the oven to heat :duc

Latest posts