Learned Something New About My Stove

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dumb question but how do you tell if under oven is a broiler or drawer? Nephew and I had fight yesterday over this. He pissed me off so I told him to stick his head in drawer I will light stove, to yell if he saw flames. He didnt go for it.:somad

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
If it were a drawer, it would be insulated against/from the burners in the oven....too dangerous otherwise. Your broiler will have exposure to those flames for the cooking of food.

Usually storage in a stove/range is located on the side and it will be a slender, deep drawer for the storage of cookie sheets and other flat type pans.

You should also have a little broiler pan/shelf in the bottom of that broiler that has a drip pan under it...the broiler pan/shelf will be rippled and have slits in it for the drainage of liquid.

Should look like this....if your stove is old, it may be missing for some reason.

bpg3.jpg

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
If it were a drawer, it would be insulated against/from the burners in the oven....too dangerous otherwise. Your broiler will have exposure to those flames for the cooking of food.

Usually storage in a stove/range is located on the side and it will be a slender, deep drawer for the storage of cookie sheets and other flat type pans.

You should also have a little broiler pan/shelf in the bottom of that broiler that has a drip pan under it...the broiler pan/shelf will be rippled and have slits in it for the drainage of liquid.

Should look like this....if your stove is old, it may be missing for some reason.

bpg3.jpg
I purchased a new Frigidaire Professional 5 burner with gridle gas range for my wife. It has a huge convection oven with a broiler. Next to it is a door avout 1/4 the size of the oven just as you describe. Oh waite ... looking closer, it is a second small convection oven with a broiler. The HUGE storage drawer is at the very bottom and is 40" wide x 9" high. :th So NYboy ... look and inspect every door and drawr before you use it as every range model MAY be different. :caf

Latest posts