Lemon Balm and Mint

SoyBean

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I got a lemon balm plant and a mint plant. I was wondering how you dry the leaves for use in tea. Do you just leave them out somewhere or put them in the sun?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
No sun.

Rinse them good in the kitchen sink, put a rubber band around the stems (you may want to strip off a few leaves), and hang somewhere there's plenty of air movement.

I find that hanging directly above the sink works fine for me but this is an arid climate. A kitchen may be too humid a place in some locations.

Steve

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
digitS' said:
No sun.

Rinse them good in the kitchen sink, put a rubber band around the stems (you may want to strip off a few leaves), and hang somewhere there's plenty of air movement.

I find that hanging directly above the sink works fine for me but this is an arid climate. A kitchen may be too humid a place in some locations.

Steve
I do that fan thing I posted last year... makes everything dry super fast and stores GREAT. However, my grandmother always put them over the floor vents at her house so the air was blowing near by like Steve said. Air circulation is keep, and less dust has a chance to collect.

Latest posts