Lemon Chess Pie

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is one of my favorite pies. I really suck at baking cakes and am not that crazy about them anyway, except for eating the batter. :lol: But I can bake a yummy pie!

Lemon Chess Pie is a HEALTH FOOD!! Lemons are FRUIT! Sugar comes from sugar BEETS which are VEGETABLES!! BUTTER is concentrated COW JUICE!! EGGS are full of CHOLINE and are GOOD for you!! FLOUR in the pie shell is GRAIN!! So Lemon Chess Pie is loaded with GRAIN, DAIRY, FRUIT and VEGETABLES, only thing missing is MEAT or FISH. So eat your pie with a good STEAK and you'll be just fine! :gig

Pie Crust
1/2 cup Crisco
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup ice water

Sift flour and salt together. Cut shortening into flour with pastry blender or using 2 knives. Gradually add ice water, a little at a time, using just enough to make it hold together. The less water, the tenderer the pastry. (I must be a miserable failure, because I always have to add MORE water than what the recipe says) Chill for 20 minutes. Knead lightly on a floured surface. Roll thin. Place dough in greased pie plate, pressing out air bubbles. Turn under edges and flute the edge. Makes 2 pie shells or 1 double crust pie.

Lemon Chess Pie

1/2 cup butter Juice of 3 lemons
1 1/2 cup sugar 1 tablespoon of grated lemon rind
1 tablespoon flour 1 pie shell, unbaked (or 2 cheepie frozen pie shells)
5 eggs, well beaten

Cream butter and sugar. Add flour, then well beaten eggs. Add lemon juice and rind. Mix well and pour into pie shell. Bake at 325F for 30 to 40 minutes until golden brown and set.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just took one out of the oven. We'll kill the whole thing tonight. Make sure you make enough for everyone in your family to have seconds! Lemon Chess Pie is habit forming!!

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
when I saw the title of this thread 'lemon chess pie', I was hooked. I love it! i'm diabetic so this is not good for me - but boy oh boy, I could go for this pie.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
It does sound good. Send me a piece.....

Although from the Crisco, butter, eggs, sugar, I can feel the cholesterol building up in arteries.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
YUM-O that sounds heavenly. :drool Making a copy for my recipe book. I would rather make pie than a cake anyday!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hay Bay, if you substitute good quality Lard for the Crisco in your pie crust you even have meat in the pie! ...plus nothing makes a pie crust like having lard in it. Something about the flavor, flakiness, the quality...

Latest posts