Lets See Your Staghorns

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
yes i have two rabbits foot ferns hanging below to catch the water on the dripdown. i have a bigger rabbits foot fern in the front yard with orchids in wooden baskets hanging below it and they do well on the leftover water too.

staghorns do just fine inside. they are bryophytes, not really ferns, so basically all they need is something to attach to and a sprinkle of water from time to time. dont even need any soil. supposedly they are one of the better houseplants as far as cleaning the air goes

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
beefy said:
yes i have two rabbits foot ferns hanging below to catch the water on the dripdown. i have a bigger rabbits foot fern in the front yard with orchids in wooden baskets hanging below it and they do well on the leftover water too.

staghorns do just fine inside. they are bryophytes, not really ferns, so basically all they need is something to attach to and a sprinkle of water from time to time. dont even need any soil. supposedly they are one of the better houseplants as far as cleaning the air goes
What kind of light requirements if they are indoors?

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Filtered.

In a natural setting they grow in trees. They don't feed off the tree itself but it does collect the leaves and converts them to food over time.

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
HiDelight said:
I have one in a pot in the house ... does that count? it is pretty big!
I love the one with the chicken in it how funny!!!!

staghorns are beautiful!
Just looking back I see Heidi has one indoors.
Speaking of that we are still waiting on that picture Hi. :pop

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We weren't allowed to move live plants during our cross country move so I gave my staghorns to my mom. :/

Those are all beautiful!!

Latest posts