Lets Talk ROSES!

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Maiden's Blush - I wonder if that's the same as 'Great Maiden's Blush', which is one I put into my new herb garden? It's an old garden rose, I looked for it under a different name and found it under that one. Gorgeous scent!

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi Reinbeau, :frow

Yes it is -- I just checked on David Austin's list. He is my ROSE HERO! I'm sure you know all about his work on producing new roses that look & smell like the old ones but flower all the summer rather than just the once.

I seem to have a memory that this rose used to be called "Nymph's Thighs" but it was renamed in Victorian times because it was thought to be rude.....!! It is a very old variety and is a heavenly flower & perfume. That is why I planted it on my path just where it turns into my woodland garden.

It will bring great joy to you I'm sure! Happy Gardening

By the way it's actually raining here; but it is just that misty stuff so not a lot of use to my poor cracked ground! :(

:rose Hattie :rose

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Darnit, Hattie, they won't let us see it. We need this programming over here! Who can I harangue to get it?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Reinbeau said:
Darnit, Hattie, they won't let us see it. We need this programming over here! Who can I harangue to get it?
:/ Poo

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh dear! That's so sad! :hit :hit :hit

I can't see why they should cut you off. I will try to find out if there is a department at the BBC that you can appeal to. In this particular case I wonder if you went to the American site for David Austin's Roses & subscribed to their newsletter there might be a link to this interview? This was how I heard about it (although I had seen the interview already when the programme went out live last Sunday). This year is the 40th anniversary of the formation of David Austin Roses.

GOOD LUCK! :frow

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My "Geranium" rose has come out on arching branches about 16ft tall. It looks like this one (because I haven't yet conquered my camera). Anyway this is a miles better picture than I could ever take.

http://www.gapphotos.com/imagedetails.asp?imageno=53534

Mine towers over a very tatty workshop that I intend to turn into a new home for some of my chickens & a storeroom for their food.

It is a wonderful rose which has very long bottle shaped hips in the fall.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I still have not gotten roses... but I have come to like a few.

I have determined I will create a new planting space just for them, and when I told my husband he realized he would not have to 'weed whack' that area anymore... he promised to help me dig it all up as soon as I want it done!!!

He rocks!!! :lol:

Latest posts