Life lapped me

greengenes

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I was potting my Seedlings up into four inch pots today and I was Thinking that I must be forgetting something important because usually I am way behind and I seem to be right on schedule... then it occurred to me.

I am a whole year behind. I only look like I am in front.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't worry Greengenes, sometimes watching life go by is very pleasant

and if you don't tell folks you're behind, they won't know
... kinda like wearing jeans a size too big and just smiling when folks say "Wow, you're really losing weight!"
rofl.gif

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
The time to worry is when you look into mirror and ask who is that OLD MAN in the mirror.......... My dad told me I would understand that, I do now.....

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It makes me curious, GreenGenes. Did you have a garden in 2013?

Of course, in your corner of the world - how in heavens do you recognize one season from another? Oh, I know. I'm overstating it. Living where frost is seldom doesn't mean that every month is the same as every other month.

If there was a sameness to the seasons, seems like it might encourage a quiet acceptance of living in the present moment. There shouldn't be an guilt about it :).

Steve

greengenes

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We have freezes, then garden weather, then too hot to grow anything but peppers, then a big lot of not much then a very short period of garden season then freezes.

Last year I had a FANTASTIC garden...and then it rained for six weeks and everything rotted before I was able to put any of it up. I think that is how I got lapped. There is so much work involved in putting the food by and I just did not have to. The jars are washed and waiting... And I did not bother with wine or jelly this fall because I got a bad case lung crud...so I am so far behind I am all caught up. Except bills. It doesn't work that way with bills.
But for the first time in a long time I am excited about this year's garden and produce. Maybe all I needed was a rest.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's okay, Greengenes.

Nature threw you a curve ball. (That's a sports analogy for "bad weather.")

It is good that you are excited about the new garden year & getting a lap on things ;). Making reference to RidgeRunner's signature might be unnecessary :) but since I'm reminded of it . . .

Steve

RidgeRunner's signature: Be careful around my dog. She can't hold her licker.

greengenes

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Do you mean I need more dogs or I should make more wine?
I don't drink the wine, maybe I should -then I would not care when I get so far behind.
However...a puppy might spice things up around here.
And bees. This is the year we get bees.(I say that every year too.)
Today is flower seed day. and herbs (With an 'H' because I am just strange that way.)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
No, I wasn't even thinking about your wine-making.

Sometimes I don't notice what is in front or around me.

Garbanzo, DD's dog who now lives with us, seems to go everywhere I go. Not noticing what is around me in the pickup, I blame her. She licks the inside of the windows.

Steve

Latest posts