Life lapped me

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your garden season sounds similar to ours Greengenes, except ours is a little more basic. We have Freezes, Deep freezes, Freezes, a short period of Garden Weather, Freezes, DeepFreezes....

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistlebloom, our 4/5 growing zone has four seasons -- spring, summer, autumn, and winter -- with 2 or 3 nice days in each one. That makes 8-12 great days each year. You must be gardening at a higher altitude.

It does seem that winter gets credit for lasting longer than the other seasons. Sort of like -- winterspring, spring, summer, autumn, winterfall and winter.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I feel ya. We moved in June last year & my 2nd daughter was born 6 days after we moved in. The fact I even had tomato plants planted & growing before actually living there (we had possession was painting etc) growing impressed my neighbors & family. I had to have something......it's not summer without fresh tomatoes.

Fast forward to the end of Feb and have zero prep work done for this year. I'm not 100% the exact location or dimensions of the veg. garden either.

I've got seeds PLENTY of seeds but no place to put them yet.

My yards a blank canvas & while it's VERY exciting to literally start from a blank page, the blankness & utter lack of anything bugs me on a level only fellow gardeners would understand. I know Rome wasn't built in a day & even if you eat an elephant one bite at a time you still upset animal rights activists. Can you pass the BBQ sauce please?

Your not alone believe me. We'll get there eventually

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
. . . Can you pass the BBQ sauce please?

Your not alone believe me. We'll get there eventually

Hold the elephant but I've got this great bbq sauce recipe, Jared! Yeah, just do a TEG search for rhu-b-que sauce . . it's even good on chicken nuggets (don't ask me how I know). Somebody ever plant a rhubarb plant in that yard?!

I had a garden the 1st year at my 1st home. Mr. Maki, across the back fence, seemed to be really impressed . . . After the weeds overtook the thing - he was kind enuf to pass some veggies from his garden over the fence to us twenty-somethings.

After the divorce . . . Wow! You wouldn't believe what all I just deleted . . !

Steve

bobbi-j

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We didn't get much gardening done last year, either, but it was by choice. I was gone for 3 weeks in June, home on the weekends, home for a week, gone for the weekend for a nephew's wedding, home for 3 days, then off to Alaska for two weeks. Got home on a Wednesday, (by that time it was the end of July), left on Saturday for a family reunion in Colorado, got home on Thurs., just in time for youngest son's wedding Aug. 3. This summer will be much quieter, or so it appears right now. My 3 week commitment in June (I cook at our church's Bible camp), and that's it. Looking forward to gardening with my husband, son, and newly acquired daughter-in-law.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Last year was a bust for us here in SC for gardens. Too much rain...we couldn't even get onto the garden for the most of it. I am looking forward to this season.
We have a short spring..maybe 1-2 weeks. A long hot summer, a short fall....then a non-productive winter.

Where are you at greengenes?

Latest posts