Life's good

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I just got 12 cubic feet of well-rotted horse manure delivered...for free.

With a promise of as much as I want in the future!

How killer is that!

jojo54

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Wow Can't get much better than that! Delivered no less! Lucky you. :thumbsup

P.S. Only here would you find people to get excites about a load of poop!. :gig

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
here it is:

tn-1.jpg

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Great score beavis! I live by an alpaca ranch and they let me come and load up a truck full anytime I want it. I have to drive through the pasture to the communal piles and do my own shoveling but thats more entertaining than work!
7504_alpacas_and_hot_air_balloon004.jpg

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I love the way everyone on this forum gets excited by ****!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
that's the poop, the whole poop, and nothin' but the poop! :lol: i just couldn't resist!

i'm going to have to find that 'Holy S#!t' book i've been hearing so much about! i've been using my chickens' poop for the last 2 years and i have certainly seen the difference when adding it to poor soils!

MuranoFarms

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Chickie'sMomaInNH said:
that's the poop, the whole poop, and nothin' but the poop! :lol: i just couldn't resist!

i'm going to have to find that 'Holy S#!t' book i've been hearing so much about! i've been using my chickens' poop for the last 2 years and i have certainly seen the difference when adding it to poor soils!
My first year after we bought this place.....I couldn't add enough of anything to my soil to make a difference. It was just awful! Nothing grew. I think I got 6 tomatoes out of 4 plants. lol That winter we got chickens and guineas and I started just dumping old litter on the frozen beds. I mixed it in when spring came and that summer was an amazing turn around! Everything I planted grew well. It made a huge difference.

Great score Beavis!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Chickie'sMomaInNH said:

Yes ma'am! My chickens and ducks surely have made a difference here as well. :D

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
In the past, I have gone to the Oakland hills where there are stables to get free horse manure. Only did it twice because my husband kept complaining that it caused his truck to smell! Poor baby..:D We found a horse shoe once in the pile when we got home. I was so excited! We still have it hanging on one of the house posts.

This year, I've added compost to my garden bed with my chicken poop in it. I can't wait to see the difference, if any. I didn't have very much. But you all say it works! so I hope so. :)

Mary