Like to Find Yourself in . . .

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Doubt?

Well, I was asking myself, "Just where is this place?"

This may not be the best source but I'd already gone thru a Google search and checked Wikipedia - I found myself more uncertain than when I began. So, I tried MellissaData. If this isn't a good source for information, I'd really appreciate it if someone lets me know. You see, I'm still not sure.

Anyway, it turns out that "Doubt" is used in 2 place names -- both in Idaho! Maybe I should check these out!

I didn't recognize the name of either place so am somewhat in a state of suspension today . . . There is a community just down the road called "Tensed, Idaho." But you see, that's past tense . . . I've been thru there fairly often but I'm several miles down the road these days.

On the border with all this. How 'bout you? What is nearby or where have you found yourself before?

Steve

gardentoad

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Well I'm not sure I have ever been in doubt, but I do like things that are
Peculiar‎ , and that is just what I found every time I went to Peculiar Missouri

Don

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, staying in Idaho,Eden might be a good place to have a garden. I've tripped through Idaho Falls lots of times, and a visit to Culdesac could be a quick turnaround. I don't think deep enough to qualify to live in Ponderay, right up the road.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My favorite town name has always been Stringtown Oklahoma. I never could pin down how it got that name. There is also a town called Snow and just down the road is Ice. You can find Snow on the maps but Ice was abandoned years ago so it doesn't show any more.

ksacres

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I've been to Hell a few times, but never Doubt. Hell is a place in Michigan... :lol:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just as long as you weren't

in Cahoots with anyone there in Hell!

;)

digitS'

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
There's a Frogtown in PA and, fittingly, Fishing Creek Road runs through it.
There's also a Nothing Arizona which at one time had a population of 4. It's abandoned now - figures. :rolleyes:

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Funny you mentioned Tensed ID. That is where I grew up, Well not in the town itself but it was the nearest town to our home. You know your rural when the nearest town boasts 86 souls! Just over the hill from there is Santa ID. And 40 miles south is the town of Onaway. :tools

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, and you and I know that it is pronounced Tĕn-sĕd and NOT tĕnsd, Collector.

Altho' she was born in Missouri, my maternal grandmother grew up outside of Palouse. We were told that her brothers dreamed of going to Potlatch and getting a good job at the mill and leaving that hard ol' farm life behind ;). (They both overshot their mark and ended up in Calgary, AB. :))

I hope you will forgive us but Mom and I had fun with the spelling of Tensed.

Steve

Latest posts