lilies ...

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi,
i found a garden nursery that has lily bulbs for only $3.95 each, is this a good deal?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Depends on the lily I suppose?!

Walmart has a couple of kinds for packs of 3 or 5 for $5, and Home Depot had some buy one get one free deals when I was there last night.

If its a specialty lily go for it! Its those hard to come by ones that you just have to jump on no matter what!

(I bought a water lily last night for $10!!! it was one of those, feel better things because I lost all of lotus I worked so hard on.)

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It also really depends what kind of shape the bulbs are in. If they are mass-marketed prepackaged things, I'd personally give it a pass and wait til you find something in better condition. If they look full and fresh and healthy and not sprouting yet, sure, if it's something you want, buy it :)

Pat

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
It also really depends what kind of shape the bulbs are in. If they are mass-marketed prepackaged things, I'd personally give it a pass and wait til you find something in better condition. If they look full and fresh and healthy and not sprouting yet, sure, if it's something you want, buy it :)

Pat
Well i'm not really sure what shape the bulbs are in, i've never ordered from there (Autumn Ridge Nursery) I might have to e-mail them and ask how big are the bulbs, what if their small and not going to bloom this year.