Limiting Calories - effective/ineffective

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Had to do a report while in college. They use to try calorie control on obese people. Heart first to go-as in quit. Fat has 2.5X more energy but last to break down.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
So safe weight loss for obese people requires exercise hand in glove with a weight loss diet?

Here is the American Heart Association on the risks of extreme obesity and on the value of weight loss - LINK.

I wonder why the male example on that page is 6' 2" ..? Seems to kind of skew the perspective if I have to still be that tall all these years after high school when I know I'm not. Anyway, using the bmi calculator, I'm only "overweight" when I hit 200#. That's something I do NOT want to do for the sake of ease of movement, not meeting one definition or another on a chart.

Moving weight builds muscle. Could be body weight. Plenty of examples of competition weight lifters who do not meet anyone's definition of slim. At my age, my first thought with the prospect of moving heavy weight is, "Yikes! How do I do this without injury??"

Wow. The AHA lists "getting the right amount of vitamins and minerals" as a risk after taking the extreme step of surgery! Can't get useful nutrients even after being willing to go under the surgeon's knife??? Nope. Not gonna ignore the good food I have, right here at hand.

Steve

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now, some nutritionists say that there should be those products that grow where people live. Allegedly, they can bring the greatest benefit. (This means that I can not eat a mango!) Although "ethnic food" was justified, of course. As Steve said, greasy food for cold countries, and plant for warm countries. Without the chance for choice before.
Or nutritionists have developed nutrition on blood group. For example, people from the first group of blood (the oldest), should eat more meat. And people with 4 blood group (the youngest), should eat more plant food. To find out exactly your diet, it is necessary to come to the clinic and pay a lot of money for analysis and recommendations. I do not agree with these theories. I think it's search for "original ideas" to make their name known.
Modern bread is different, of course. When my great-grandmother used to bake bread in the oven, it remains fresh for a long time. Now if I do not have time to eat bread from the supermarket, he will be mold after 4 days.
Larisa can you clarify what the blood groups are and where in the world each is dominant and / or possibly have Neanderthal or other hominid genetic inheritance or mutations that affect what foods one can or can not tolerate. As for the nurtitionists' statement people should eat where people live is not quite right, it should be where their genetic inheritance comes from. Migration or immigration you know !

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Larisa can you clarify

Ok

At the end of XX century American father and son D'Adamo (naturopathic doctors) found the relationship of blood groups and nutrition. Their theory - that the digestive and immune system of humans are predisposed to the very products that are eaten by our ancestors. And supply rules are based on the direct relationship of food consumed and blood group. According to their studies, as a result of the this meals not only to improve metabolism, but also activates the human immune system and the general state of his organism and reduce the body weight. It is not necessary to torture yourself diets and infinitely count calories.
Live_Right_4_Your_Type.jpg
Blood Group 1 (0) is the oldest. People in this category (the first hunters and gatherers) characterized by a strong immune system, they are energetic and active. Their stomachs, having a high level of acidity, well-digested meat, which is recommended to eat every day in small portions. Also useful marine fish and seafood (but not the calf).
Genetically, these people tend to thyroiditis, when the thyroid gland produces insufficient hormones. Therefore, the metabolism slows down and people gaining weight.
Needed and vegetables, legumes, most helpful, with the exception of potatoes, cabbage, eggplant, black olives and mushrooms.
Healthy fruit, but from eggs, cereal, flour and dairy products should be abandoned.
These people are in need of intensive physical activities and sports that require agility and strength.

Blood Group 2 (A). Its owners (in ancient times the farmers) are vegetarians with insufficiently stable immune system and poor secretion of gastric juice. The most useful are fruits and vegetables.
They can eat fish and seafood, and meat is desirable to eliminate entirely, sometimes you can have poultry. This is due to low levels of stomach acid, which is difficult to digest meat, and it turns into fat. Also dairy products are not useful. A better proteins derived from nuts and legumes. Products made of wheat flour is also better excluded from the diet.
These people need to engage in physical exercise, choosing lightweight exercise - swimming, quiet walking, aerobics, cycling, yoga.

Blood Group 3 (B). These people (the former nomads) have strong immunity and high resistance to stress and colds. And thanks to the strong digestive system, the choice of products is more varied. Only this group of beneficial: fish, meat (lamb, beef, rabbit, but not poultry), dairy products, as well as liver, eggs, a variety of vegetables (but not tomatoes, pumpkin, radish, radish, olives), all the fruit.
Contraindicated - corn, buckwheat, peanuts, lentils, products made of wheat flour, which provoke an increase in weight.
Physical activity (developing endurance) - walking, jogging, swimming, aerobics and yoga.

Blood Group 4 (AB) - this group is the youngest. People in this group have a strong immune system. The weakness of these people can be considered as the digestive tract, which has increased sensitivity. They are here in a balanced varied diet. Their food should contain products vegetable origin, as people of group A, but may be allowed some types of meat as people of group B.
The most suitable products to them - it's seafood and fish as well as fruit and vegetables. They should eat beans and dairy products. In moderate amounts of useful rabbit, turkey and lamb.
Not helpful - buckwheat, beans, corn, nuts, red meat, and flour products.
Physical exercise - useful swimming, aerobics, cycling and walking.

After the theory D'Adamo was published, it quickly gained supporters and followers.

I briefly outlined. But I think the Americans know better the American theory than I am.

However, the American theory was not supported by most physicians - nutritionists in the Russian Federation. But a few small clinics have tried to bring some unsuspecting patients. They promised that the people can easily lose weight if they eat according to blood group. But it does not work for everyone. And now, such ads appear rarely.

As for the nurtitionists' statement people should eat where people live is not quite right, it should be where their genetic inheritance comes from.

I'm talking about ethno food, but not the territory nutrition. I can say about Russian traditions. I agree with "genetic inheritance". I will not talk in this topic about our history. Cimmerians, Scythians, Sarmatians and later Goths (came to the II nd century BC).
The scientific historical research "History of the book of Veles Rusich" describes the life of my people from the XII century BC. About the VI century AD the Slavs joined here.

In short - it formed a few countries, but ethnicity is stable. National food is traditional many centuries. It is similar in all the countries that have emerged from this ethnic group. We all know each other and are very good friends.

There are other ethnic groups that live in the territory of the Russian Federation, however, have a different ethnicity and other food. We do not eat the food as they are. Just we can not. Food of the North too fatty, the Caucasus meal for us - a bit heavy. Now there are a lot of Chinese. I can not even understand what they are preparing. I do not see anything other than spices.

Every nation in the world has its own traditions, customs, food culture, which evolved over the centuries. Representatives of the various ethnic groups better assimilate some products and some products can not assimilate . Changes in the traditional food can lead to serious illness.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ha!

@Larisa , I was just commenting on the fragrance of ginger on @valley ranch 's thread. I lived in a quite ethnically isolated community as a child but was curious about other people (and had some notion that I was an other person, somehow ;)). My contact was mostly through restaurants and I came to associate the fragrance of ginger and cilantro and other spices with a wider, interesting world.

One tissue and a shallow yet important typing is probably seriously deficient in explaining diversity or digestion ;). I believe I was just hinting at an emotional attachment to food and your comments add more breadth to those notions :).

From amorphous thoughts and childish joy to lab analysis ... no doubt, there is a great deal in between.

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, the blood group theory would explain why some people can gain weight on a diet that others would lose weight on. And it would also help explain why so many people today have digestive issues with all the wheat, corn and soy in their diets.
The US, being the melting pot that it is.....Imagine trying to cook for a family that is mixed types. Dad is Type A, Mom is type B. Kids are...??

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looking for absolutes after 150,000 years of evolution, 7,500 generations?

While a pack of cigarettes a day over a year causes 150 DNA mutations in every lung cell. LINK (NyyyBoyy, @Nyboy !)

Food. It's what you bring to the table.

Steve
will a larger cereal bowl encourage me to eat more fruit in my cereal, or just more cereal ;)?

Last edited:

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok

At the end of XX century American father and son D'Adamo (naturopathic doctors) found the relationship of blood groups and nutrition. Their theory - that the digestive and immune system of humans are predisposed to the very products that are eaten by our ancestors. And supply rules are based on the direct relationship of food consumed and blood group. According to their studies, as a result of the this meals not only to improve metabolism, but also activates the human immune system and the general state of his organism and reduce the body weight. It is not necessary to torture yourself diets and infinitely count calories.
View attachment 17122
Blood Group 1 (0) is the oldest. People in this category (the first hunters and gatherers) characterized by a strong immune system, they are energetic and active. Their stomachs, having a high level of acidity, well-digested meat, which is recommended to eat every day in small portions. Also useful marine fish and seafood (but not the calf).
Genetically, these people tend to thyroiditis, when the thyroid gland produces insufficient hormones. Therefore, the metabolism slows down and people gaining weight.
Needed and vegetables, legumes, most helpful, with the exception of potatoes, cabbage, eggplant, black olives and mushrooms.
Healthy fruit, but from eggs, cereal, flour and dairy products should be abandoned.
These people are in need of intensive physical activities and sports that require agility and strength.

Blood Group 2 (A). Its owners (in ancient times the farmers) are vegetarians with insufficiently stable immune system and poor secretion of gastric juice. The most useful are fruits and vegetables.
They can eat fish and seafood, and meat is desirable to eliminate entirely, sometimes you can have poultry. This is due to low levels of stomach acid, which is difficult to digest meat, and it turns into fat. Also dairy products are not useful. A better proteins derived from nuts and legumes. Products made of wheat flour is also better excluded from the diet.
These people need to engage in physical exercise, choosing lightweight exercise - swimming, quiet walking, aerobics, cycling, yoga.

Blood Group 3 (B). These people (the former nomads) have strong immunity and high resistance to stress and colds. And thanks to the strong digestive system, the choice of products is more varied. Only this group of beneficial: fish, meat (lamb, beef, rabbit, but not poultry), dairy products, as well as liver, eggs, a variety of vegetables (but not tomatoes, pumpkin, radish, radish, olives), all the fruit.
Contraindicated - corn, buckwheat, peanuts, lentils, products made of wheat flour, which provoke an increase in weight.
Physical activity (developing endurance) - walking, jogging, swimming, aerobics and yoga.

Blood Group 4 (AB) - this group is the youngest. People in this group have a strong immune system. The weakness of these people can be considered as the digestive tract, which has increased sensitivity. They are here in a balanced varied diet. Their food should contain products vegetable origin, as people of group A, but may be allowed some types of meat as people of group B.
The most suitable products to them - it's seafood and fish as well as fruit and vegetables. They should eat beans and dairy products. In moderate amounts of useful rabbit, turkey and lamb.
Not helpful - buckwheat, beans, corn, nuts, red meat, and flour products.
Physical exercise - useful swimming, aerobics, cycling and walking.

After the theory D'Adamo was published, it quickly gained supporters and followers.

I briefly outlined. But I think the Americans know better the American theory than I am.

However, the American theory was not supported by most physicians - nutritionists in the Russian Federation. But a few small clinics have tried to bring some unsuspecting patients. They promised that the people can easily lose weight if they eat according to blood group. But it does not work for everyone. And now, such ads appear rarely.

I'm talking about ethno food, but not the territory nutrition. I can say about Russian traditions. I agree with "genetic inheritance". I will not talk in this topic about our history. Cimmerians, Scythians, Sarmatians and later Goths (came to the II nd century BC).
The scientific historical research "History of the book of Veles Rusich" describes the life of my people from the XII century BC. About the VI century AD the Slavs joined here.

In short - it formed a few countries, but ethnicity is stable. National food is traditional many centuries. It is similar in all the countries that have emerged from this ethnic group. We all know each other and are very good friends.

There are other ethnic groups that live in the territory of the Russian Federation, however, have a different ethnicity and other food. We do not eat the food as they are. Just we can not. Food of the North too fatty, the Caucasus meal for us - a bit heavy. Now there are a lot of Chinese. I can not even understand what they are preparing. I do not see anything other than spices.

Every nation in the world has its own traditions, customs, food culture, which evolved over the centuries. Representatives of the various ethnic groups better assimilate some products and some products can not assimilate . Changes in the traditional food can lead to serious illness.
Very interesting, however no-one in our family meets this blood group - diet theory. I, as well as both of my parents, are the A blood group. We are huge carnivore eaters , including lots of animal fats,as well as eat potatoes, mushrooms, milk but NOT the cheeses,or peanut butter. We eat very little of the nuts or legumes. If I eat vegetables, fruit and grain products I gain weight by the pound per day. I can eat a heaping bowl of rice , then 15 minutes later , I feel HUNGRY and want to eat meat. : idunno

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am A. I have tried high protein diets and never could lose. I lose with a lot of physical activity and I do feel better when I eat fish or chicken. I don't know though, but worth a try. My plan is to do the Walk Away the Pound tapes, work in the garden as much as possible, and worried about my eyesight and want to eat better for that and found this list and my freezer and garden is full of the food I need, so maybe less meat and more of these foods. Plus I am coming off the blood thinner the end of December and I want to be active and not sure what to eat to have thin blood. Good vision food -
Many of the vitamins and antioxidants that improve eyesight naturally are found in common foods, including:

• Carrots, kale, spinach, and collard greens (vitamin A and lutein)
  • Liver (vitamin A), including cod liver oil
  • Swiss chard, zucchini, and brussel sprouts (lutein)
  • Sweet potatoes and butter (vitamin A)

Latest posts