Lion House rolls

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, yeast bread recipes call for a specific amount of flour (usually- but sometimes they give a range) but the actual amount can vary by the moisture content of your flour and your humidity, so it may take a cup more or less to get it to the perfect stage of kneadability. It's sort of a flexible ingredient measurement.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I finally did add a little more after several kneading cycles. I think I should have added it sooner though. With all the kneading I was terrified that I had ruined them and were going to be chewy or something. But they were nice and fluffy.

I am one of those that follows a recipe to a T. My son got annoyed because I kept reading the recipe a thousand times! haha

Mary

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's great! I'm glad they came out well for you. You sure can can make them any size you want to. Won't hurt a thing. The ones my kids rolled up came out even nicer than mine. ;) Bread dough can be sticky or dry sometimes, depending on the humidity in your kitchen. It is a little more of a moist dough than the usual. After having made several batches, I realized the longer I kneaded it, the smoother the texture. With the stand mixer doing all the work for me, it's easy to wander off and get distracted. :D

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
How long do you knead them for? My son said I could have kneaded them for 45 minutes and it wouldn't have hurt them. I don't know about that.

Mary

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
How long do you knead them for? My son said I could have kneaded them for 45 minutes and it wouldn't have hurt them. I don't know about that.

Mary

I let it run about 10 minutes. I keep an eye on it and poke the dough to see if it looks smooth and elastic enough.

freedhardwoods

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
1479872646307-jpg.17354

I just ate. Now I'm hungry again. :drool

Latest posts