Little Help With My Critter Woes?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I first ventured out and down my backsteps this morning it really seemed that I could smell ... skunk.

Oh NO! I've already had a racoon in the yard in very recent years. I just hope that this skunk meets the same fate as the racoon. Well, I am a little more sympathetic towards the racoon who was killed only 2 days after it climbed over my backyard fence, hit by a car about 50 yards away.

Let PePe meet his fate in front of some other house! (It's garbage day. I mean, I keep my garbage can in the closed garage 7 night/week so, I'm doing my part.) Also known for batting at outdoor flies with a badminton racket and covering my compost continuously with soil.

:) Steve

crocoyes6

Sprout
Reaction score
I've been having a problem with one of my cactii at work here. I think it's probably overran with some sort of critter - it was in the center of a pot along with a few other plants. It has fuzz all over it (you can see some of it below), and I've found a few bug skeletons (they don't LOOK like mealybugs... but I'm so new to this I have no clue).

It's covered with this rusty growth, and is pretty dreary looking. I think it's RIP for this cactus, but I'm concerned about my other plants. The fuzz on it is hairy with like a black sporey thing in the middle.
shareit

Any ideas what I'm dealing with here? (doesn't help that the pot has no drainage so I'm really learning the hard way with water + light, and I'm pretty sure this is a critter issue).

Latest posts