Little Help With My Critter Woes?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I first ventured out and down my backsteps this morning it really seemed that I could smell ... skunk.

Oh NO! I've already had a racoon in the yard in very recent years. I just hope that this skunk meets the same fate as the racoon. Well, I am a little more sympathetic towards the racoon who was killed only 2 days after it climbed over my backyard fence, hit by a car about 50 yards away.

Let PePe meet his fate in front of some other house! (It's garbage day. I mean, I keep my garbage can in the closed garage 7 night/week so, I'm doing my part.) Also known for batting at outdoor flies with a badminton racket and covering my compost continuously with soil.

:) Steve

crocoyes6

Sprout
Reaction score
I've been having a problem with one of my cactii at work here. I think it's probably overran with some sort of critter - it was in the center of a pot along with a few other plants. It has fuzz all over it (you can see some of it below), and I've found a few bug skeletons (they don't LOOK like mealybugs... but I'm so new to this I have no clue).

It's covered with this rusty growth, and is pretty dreary looking. I think it's RIP for this cactus, but I'm concerned about my other plants. The fuzz on it is hairy with like a black sporey thing in the middle.

Any ideas what I'm dealing with here? (doesn't help that the pot has no drainage so I'm really learning the hard way with water + light, and I'm pretty sure this is a critter issue).

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts