Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Little Hyram hatched early today.

may21peepingsoundsfromeggs008.jpg

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hyram now has a sister (Milly). She's a definite pullet (100% certain). Hyram is unknown, really. I just named the chick Hyram (actually I named the egg Hyram as a joke when I was candling it) and for the sake of not stopping myself to say 'it' or 'he/she' I'm just assuming it's a 'he' until further notice. Milly is a Cuckoo pullet (cuckoos are autosexing - that's how I know it's a she - pullets have white patches on there heads while cockerels have little more than a white dot, or no dot at all)

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
awe!!! too cute... I love the little fuzbutts...I have 2 fuzbutts running around with the 2 mommas... the mommas take turns I never know who has the babies under their wing...too cute....I have 2 more mommas gone broody sharing the nest... I think there is only one egg so far...

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Being completeyl stupefounded that you found that photo 'cute', here he is 20 hours later, in the brooder...
8835_hyram_and_milly_-_made_by_jesus_043.jpg

Ahh, his breed is going to be okay. Everything's going to be okay from now on, because of this little blessing, and many other blessings, such as the new 'Milly'