Live Weather Updates

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
It depends, if it was a top loading then you need safflower. But for a front loading you have to use olive.
2yy708y.gif

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Finally something lard is really good for and no one considers it. Of course that is used for someone REALLY special. It's a good chance this dolt wasn't.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That poor guy probably got caught up in the sp.in cycle.

noaad1.gif

Steve

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here in VA too! Going into the single digits with wind chill of -20 or worse! WOW, I don't remember weather like this ever.

Dew, I know lots of folks use heat lamps but they just scare me half to death down in the coop. All that dust & dry bedding combined with silly, flying critters with a talent for breaking things...
I'm going to pile the poo shelf under their roost with hay so they are sorta nesting instead of roosting, and add another foot or so of it in the floor of the coop. I've already covered the door in plastic - and I was really suprised with the instant difference inside that that made. I'm going to try to trust in all the folks who swear that as long as they are dry and out of drafts they will be fine.

..... in truth... I'm afraid they'll end up in dog crates in my spare room View attachment 427
I don't like using them either but I'm terrified they will freeze to death... :( it's only for the night

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looks like the prediction for Atlanta was a bullseye! 7f right now.

Seems like several important parts to this event: severe cold in WI, MN, Canada, etc., lots of wind most everywhere east of the Rockies, and deep penetration of that cold into the South!

Single digitS' in Alabama! It's freezing in northern Florida. Wow!

Steve

Latest posts