Living On The Edge Ate A Salad

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gardening, there are so many diets out there or styles of eating. If you aren't happy with the keto I would change to something else. The last thing you want in life is to be miserable eating things you don't want or not eating things you enjoy. The problem with diets is that they are all very "lean" and "light" eating and that is why you usually lose weight. Foods are very bland. I've done Dr. Fuhlmans diet and lost weight but I don't like having to stick to something. Just watch your portions. Eat healthy and other not so healthy foods in very low moderation like only once a week.

As we get older protein is super important. You should be eating 1 gram of protein for every pound you weigh. You would be surprised how much that is! I like meat but I'm not a big meat eater. My chicken is in enchiladas and my ground beef is in chili, rarely a steak. Having a protein shake or even 2 is a great way to supplement your protein.

Mary

Somebody else just mentioned to me about protein. I am going to watch and see how much I am getting. I tried Dr. Fuhrman for a short period and lost a few pounds, actually felt good, but then my skin dried out really, really bad. I could not get enough fat from nuts but I was stupid, I could have used a small amount of oil or other things and fixed the problem.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
he said people used to go out and sit on porch after eating and neighbors came to talk and all the kids ran around playing I wonder if the back yard deck also had a lot to do with porch visits stopping. People are moved from public front of house to private backyard

And privacy fences and just wanting privacy. They want no advice, no help, just leave them alone. A few years ago an older woman neighbor fell on the ice, and DH saw her and ran over and was going to help her up. NO. She could do it and he said she scooted on her bottom all the way to the house and crawled in. Refused any help.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
as a kid we were outside quite a bit when the weather cooperated or during the summer. i was always into flowers and would bring all the neighborhood moms flowers from the gardens and talk houseplants. one husband got very jealous of me and asked me not to come around any more. lol

the past several years i've noticed how family gatherings changed with the intrusion of ipods/etc. i've always had a computer, but i'll not have a cell phone or ipod because when i'm busy doing other things that is where i want my focus to be. plus, well, those things won't last long if i carried it around with me when i was trying to garden, i have a hard enough time not hitting my fingers with a hammer or dinging a shin with the shovel... add that device to complicate things and who knows... chaos... :)

i do better with fruits now than i did as a kid. too many reactions and doctor took years of weekly shots to get me able to tolerate most of them now, but a few i still have to be wary of... wish i could eat more of them because i do like them.

No cell phone or any ipod for me either.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Take what you like from different diets. I like Dr Furhmans plant eating philosophy. But I don’t agree with his no oils cooking. I believe there are good oils for you. So I eat the greens he says but use coconut and olive oil. No carbs or sugar diets? I still eat good carbs and fruits even though they have carbs. These are processed differently. I mainly try to stay away from junk like processed foods.

Mary

Latest posts