Living Vicariously, Picture Thread

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those are pretty cool! Will you have to feed them special food to keep the coloring, or is it a bred-in thing?
I am only used to seeing the older variety brown discus. I haven't kept up with the aquarium world.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
King of the Aquarium????

Well not MY aquarium, but my pics.

hingoa1.jpg

kingoa.jpg

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Does the picture poster have to request the next pic or can we just post to our heart's content? Or both?

Here's one for ya'll..... Grand daughter's first horse ride. She was two, the earliest I could convince her doting parents to let me saddle up for her. The horse is Joe, our sweet, gentle cremello Quarter Horse. She learned a new word that day, rocking back and forth in the saddle when Joe stopped walking, yelling "RIDE!"

View attachment 4425
You will go to jail for child abuse. Addicting a 2 year old to an expensive hay burner. Now that u r close, she will have to go on rides all the time. I know u will hate that! ;)

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
You will go to jail for child abuse. Addicting a 2 year old to an expensive hay burner. Now that u r close, she will have to go on rides all the time. I know u will hate that! ;)
She's 7 now and we are already cooking up ideas to make a unicorn horn for Joe, braid ribbons in his mane and tail and have lots of fun with him. And Joe? He is a real good sport about stuff.....

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Love discus fish but read about how hard they are to take care and I'm not allowed to get an aquarium. I find fish interesting and read about them almost as often as I read about plants. I'm most interested in the aquarium fishes from South America and Australia/New Guinea, specifically.

Do you have any other fishes, or just the discuses? :)

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
beans etc 010.JPG

beans etc 019.JPG

These are Texas Wooden-Leg meat goats, bucks, very rare breed that we're helping to preserve. They're actually a strain of Tennessee Fainting goats bred in Texas for meat use, they don't actually topple over but their legs get very stiff - hence the name "Wooden-Leg." They get huge! For some reason I don't have pictures of the females.

The black one's name is Hades, he's out youngest and strongest buck.

Latest posts