llama poo and goat poo - can fresh poo be put into the garden?

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Rabbit and goat poo can go directly on the garden, of course you don't want to touch stems with it, and if the bed is fresh give it a good turn to mix it into the top layer. If llama poo is pelleted like goat and rabbit I'd say it's fine, too. Of course it can also be composted if you'd like.

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
the only fresh poo that can go into a spring gardena nd all year round is rabbit poo it is the only one that wont burn the plants...compost your poo

pepperwolfe

Sprout
Reaction score
When we lived in PA and had two 1/2 acre gardens what Dad would do is gather up the cow manure from the pasture and put it into a old wash tub then put water into it and let it sit.
After a while we would dip into the tub and pour the stuff onto the garden to fertilize and water the garden at the same time.
We called it tea because of the color of the water after it sat and soaked in the tub.

kellygirrl

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
LlamaBeans said:
I have never done this but I have heard that Llama poo can be added directly as it doesn't burn
I was told the same, and have been using it straight w/ no problems, other than MaYbe weed seeds, not sure. (Farm nearby w/ 200 llamas!)

TexanTrail

Sprout
Reaction score
I've had my llama manure analyzed. It had an NPK rating an average of 1.5-.8-.7 This rating came back from Texas A&M University. I've also had it analyzed by the Texas Plant and Soil Lab in Edinburg, TX. http://www.tpsl.biz They test the availability of the nutients to the plants. They stated it is beneficially high in calcium, magnesium, nitrate & phosphate. Salts are a little high for germination and seedlings with direct applications, but mixed with the soil at about 1:4, maybe a little less, shouldn't be any problems. Also it is mostly organic material which improves water holding capacity and increases cation exchange capacity.

These samples were staight, non-composted llama manure.

Virtually, no odor so great for house plants or indoor gardens.

Also, if anyone is interested, I have some naturally air dried, cleaned and sifted manure available, free from rock, sticks, grass and other non-poo materials. Available in either whole "beans" or ground up.

Thanks,
David