Local High school Band

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
How fun! I think it's so great when kids can get involved in activities that excite them.

Have you ever tried to do that? :hide
My niece gave me a lesson with her rifle, all I will say is ...:lol: ... :gig
Trust me, it's WAY harder than they make it look!

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Nyboy yes they have uniforms. Not sure why they didn't film them at half time Friday night.

@Lavender2 I was a self taught acrobat, and baton twirler. I have not tried the flags though I do believe with practice I could do it as well.:D I'm just glad she found something that will keep her active in the school and help keep her grades up. If she does not maintain at least a c average, she will possible get kicked off the team.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
That was great that they interviewed the band members. I know from experience that it takes a lot of hard work. I can barely remember that far back, though.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
All I remember about twirling the baton is whacking my elbow til I couldn't stand the pain.:lol:
It's probably a good thing I stuck with the trumpet.

I hope your daughter has a blast and sticks with it. Do they get to do competition and trips?

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Lavender2 yes they do competitions. They actually have one comping up next month in Ripley WV. about 3 hours from here. I know she is very excited about it and loves doing this. She said it's all she has wanted to do since the 5th grade! :D

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Good for her! That drive and commitment will keep her going. Sounds like they have a great program!

It saddens me when I hear some schools are cutting back or no longer having band programs, knowing the money they pump into sports. We can't all be great football players. :rolleyes:
When I was a junior, our marching band placed 2nd in state, it won us a trip to Canada for an international competition. Fun times and great memories! Although my little brother's class got to go to Hawaii :\

Latest posts